Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Really humbled....

susi794

Staff member
What can I say? Coming home from my meetings tonight, I had to stop at the vet for some opthalmic ointment for the Fab Five as their eyes looked a little goopy to me this morning. On the drive home, I thought about how nice it was to have a vet fee that was only in the double digits--and sorta chuckled because I am still trying to play "catch up" on things I neglected to pay so that I could pay the recent vet bills. Even though this was only $12.00 I was trying to figure out what I could cut from the budget this week to compensate for it, as every cent of my checks for awhile are spoken for...I wasn't too worried, but I have become a financial juggler lately...LOL. Anyway, I pull into my driveway and walk up to the porch and find a plastic bag there holding two packages--one from Florida and the other from Colorado. They were from our own Brooke and Sydkat7.

Once again, my cup runneth over. Brooke sent me a blanket, digital thermometer, a dozen leather mousies and a bag of lysine treats! And if that weren't enough, Debbie sent me two blankets, balls and three more mousie toys and natural sensations treats, two paw print bowls, some cat clothes, hand and body lotion, a cute little cat kitchen towel, a Petco gift card with $13-14 on it, a book called Three Stories You Can Read Your Cat, and a check for $10.-- enough to cover my ointment.

I don't know what I ever did to deserve friends like you all--but I can't begin to tell you what a blessing you are to me and so very dear to my heart. And not just because you have given me gifts--this is the kindest group of people I have ever known. We had a quote sent to us at work this week by my boss, the principal of our school and I thought it so appropriate for this situation. Here it is:
When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.
—Abraham Joshua Heschel

Well I am admiring the HELL out of all of you!
With more grattitude and love than I can ever express,
Susi and the gang

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
3 stories you can read ot your cat!!!!?????? Nofuratu did a blog book review of that last year! He started a book club to raise awareness for human and feline literacy and forwarded it to "Daisy the curly cat" in Florida and they sent it to some other cats.....we were trying to send the book to cats all around the world! I wonder if this is Nofuratu's book or another copy?

Here is the page where he did a review. Dont let your kitties see it until after they've read their book....dont want to spoil anything!

http://nofuratu.blogspot.com/2009/08/bedtime-stories-and-book-club-review.html

I bet your kitties must be delighted with their packages! Its great that everyone on this forum is so helpful! You deserve it, enjoy it!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
awwww that was such a sweet story. I truely believe God works in mysterious ways and this is just another example! I'm so glad their things came at just the right time!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Man, I just threw away some of Butterball's stuff because of my move. If I would have known a week earlier I would have sent it your way. At least there are still wonderful people out there willing to help out. You gals/guys are saints. Congrats susi794. You're going to make an excellent momma to the kitties.

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Susi: So glad your day turned out so great! The neighbors must think you went wild on the home shopping channels with all the packages coming!:LOL::LOL:

susi794

Staff member
OMG--I just went to check my emails before I went to bed and Kerry--our havingalook-- sent me a pay pal gift of another $20.00. Thanks so much Kerry--you have already been so sweet to me--you certainly didn't need to do this. I don't know what to say anymore.....so I will just bow my head and thank the good Lord for friends like you.
We love you soooooo much,
Susi, Boo, and the gang

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
So nice to hear all this good news for you finally:ThumbsUp:
I am A true believer in what goes around comes around and I am guessing but am sure at one point you Susi where the one doing the giving!
Again another big thanks to those of you that have stepped up and helped out Susi any way you could!

I too am a firm believer in Karma or whatever others choose to call it. Being around those who are kind and demonstrate that kindness, inspire us to do the same.

Back