Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Really stupid question

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I was just wondering. Does anyone else get freaked out by their cats tail? I know stupid question, but Meecho's tail really creeps me out!! It's like it has a life of it's own and it so rat like. It is always curling around her legs when she sits down or around her chest and neck when she lies down. The worst is when I'm holding her and it wraps around my wrist!! Maybe the fact that there is a mouse in my office at work that makes it even more creepy, but the last few days it has actually made me have goose bumps. :tinysmile_eyebrow_t

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Wow I thought I was the only one that had A mouse in my office at work, really yucky I always find surprises in my desk! About the kitty's tail it doesn't bother me but some of our sons friends that come over will not even touch our cats and say the tail is freeky to them? So no it's not A stupid question.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I equate ButterBall's tail to a possum tail. Or a giant rat tail. He's always got it curled up next to himself. It doesn't seem to bother visitors. Kids and adults alike. Frankly, I'm getting kind of tired of people telling me my cat is ugly. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I tell em.

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
you should just say "well so are you but no one says it outloud." LOL! That always makes their mouths drop.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I do hate when people say that they are ugly or the hear about them and don't see them and say that is so gross! How do the know? well we all know to have A Sphynx is to love A sphynx! So to all the others haha you don't know what you are missing!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Piglet's tail creeped me out when I first got her, but now I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore. I actually think it's pretty cute now and I like the way she wraps her tail beside her all curled up. I just get worried because it looks so fragile, I'm afraid someone might step on it or something.

I get SO tired of people telling me my cat is "ugly" as well. Sphynx cats are kinda like the Rodney Dangerfields of the cat world...they just get no respect.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
you should just say "well so are you but no one says it outloud." LOL! That always makes their mouths drop.

Your post made me laugh! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t I remember when my fiance first told me that he thought Piglet was ugly, I retorted back, "Well, she probably thinks you're ugly, too!"

So that's another comeback sphynx owners can use...LOL!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Your post made me laugh! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t I remember when my fiance first told me that he thought Piglet was ugly, I retorted back, "Well, she probably thinks you're ugly, too!"

So that's another comeback sphynx owners can use...LOL!

LOL!:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The tail was actually one of the things that intregued me the most about the sphynx, besides the hairless thing!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have to admit her tail is growing on me. I still don't like when she wraps it around my wrist, because it is cold and I'm just not prepared for it. Lately she is growing these little hairs on it so I've been playing with the hairs. What cracks me up is Meecho doesn't seem to have much love for her tail either. If I playfully grab it and start rubbing her nose with it she gets mad at her tail and the chase is on. So funny when she does grab it and holds it with her paw and gives it dirty looks, like it betrayed her or something. :BigSmile:

Starchasm

Lairian
Ahahaha! I'm so glad I'm not the only person who's thought this! It's slowly growing on me, but still pretty strange. Percy sucks on the end of his tail until it's sopping wet, so that may be another source of my aversion to it.

Brooke

Banned
That's funny! I personally love their tails, but I grew up having pet rats so it's kinda like a fond childhood memory...hehe

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I love that percy uses his tail as a binky!! I have a picture of someone's pet kangaroo that uses her tail as a binky too and it is just soooooo cute

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My little man chews the end of it and I mean really chews, it makes me nervous but it dosent seem to hurt him.

Back