Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Really Worried

themodifieddoll

Lairian
I've been inactive for a minute, due to a recent move, but somethings have occurred that have me extremely concerned
About a week ago, Godiva started vomiting
Very unusual as its nothing she's ever done on a regular basis, but what started as a one time thing began happening multiple times a day, and led to her refusing to eat
I took her to the vet and after an xray and blood test, nothing was found, but the problem persisted and I wound up syringe feeding her until she finally started eating solid food again
But as she started eating again, a new problem presented - she started urinating and defecating on my bed and on the bed of the family dog
Four accidents later, my mattress is covered in plastic sheeting and that seemed to be enough to coax her into using her box again
She'd been okay for about a week and put on the weight she lost during her sickness, but today she vomited twice and I'm scared that she's either not entirely well again or she's having a second round of whatever started all this
I'm wondering if a third trip to the vet is in order, as they weren't able to find anything, even with a fecal sample, bloodtest and xray
I'm just...I don't know what to do, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong as I haven't changed up her diet or litter or anything
I'd blame it on the move, but we've been relocated about a month now with no incidents until recently
I don't know what to do

Mal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Aww big hugs to you!

Have you acquired any new house plants or used any new cleaning chemicals?

You mentioned dog beds...Do you have dogs? Could she be eating the dogs food by chance?

How are her poops? Are they still solid???

When she throws up, is it food and stuff or just stomach acid/bile?

themodifieddoll

Lairian
Aww big hugs to you!

Have you acquired any new house plants or used any new cleaning chemicals?

You mentioned dog beds...Do you have dogs? Could she be eating the dogs food by chance?

How are her poops? Are they still solid???

When she throws up, is it food and stuff or just stomach acid/bile?
No new plants whatsoever and no new cleaning supplies or chemicals

My parents have a dog, and she's tried to get into the dog's kibble - tried being the keyword
If it isn't me telling her no and relocating her, it's my sister, mother or my father

Her poop was solid until the day before - today its half solid, half diarrhea

When she threw up yesterday it was all food, this morning it was food, followed by another round of just liquid - it was white though, rather than green, so I'm not sure it was bile or not

Mal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
And no diet changes hey?
Have you ever changed her food before or has she always been eating the same stuff?

Is she still peeing regularly?

Did they take a poop sample?

themodifieddoll

Lairian
And no diet changes hey?
Have you ever changed her food before or has she always been eating the same stuff?

Is she still peeing regularly?

Did they take a poop sample?
Yep, still peeing regularly

No diet changes either - I was going to start weening her on to a raw diet next month, but now I'm afraid to since she's having so much recent digestive troubles

And yes, they took a fecal sample the last time I took her in

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If there is carpet, coulf it have been cleaned before you moved in? Maybe she's been sitting there licking the carpet. Just a thought. No idea if that could be an issue.

Hopefully you can figure out what's up.

No idea if it could be an allergy: those can happen randomly because you need exposure first. Maybe a treat with a different ingredient she hadn't had for awhile? Something like that maybe?

elfedorro

Lairian
Food allergies can develop just like that. What are you feeding her? Might be worth trying something hypoallergenic for some time? I'm no expert but the word is that cooked chicken breast is good for upset tummies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mariechovi

Lairian
Was the new place possibly treated with chemicals prior to your moving in? Bug treatments, carpet cleaning, new paint...things that are done to a home by the owners prior to new occupants?

Callmemrsbill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ask for bloodwork. You may also want to get an ultrasound. That is how I found out Ra had pancreatitis. Hugs to you both. I know how stressful it is to have a sick baby.

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yep, still peeing regularly

No diet changes either - I was going to start weening her on to a raw diet next month, but now I'm afraid to since she's having so much recent digestive troubles

And yes, they took a fecal sample the last time I took her in
I would actually try her on the raw diet as soon as you can. Use fortiflora in it to entice her to eat if you have to. Look into slippery elm bark - it is a natural pepto bismol-type herb for cats to take. I mix it with water, one capsule with fortiflora and water, into a syringe and into her mouth. The raw can have amazing effects on digestive health. Look up IBD for cats and pancreatitis as well - might be worth asking the vet if they think it is either of those

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Definitely get the bloodwork test for pancreatitis. It could also be a developed allergy -- just like humans, cats can develop allergies. Hugs and sending positive vibes.

Back