Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Red/Brown Eye Goo

Mikeg333

Lairian
Hello! Had our beautiful Carly for 5 months now, she really lights up our days! She is playful and delightful company! But theres one thing that bugs us and it must bug her... after she has been sleeping... the corners of her eyes (closest to her nose) have a ball of red (sometimes crusty) Goo! We always tease it out with a warm cotton swab.. we have just bought a bottle of saline to clean her eyes morning and evening to try keep them clean! I must say.. we bought her with a terrible eye ulcer.. but treat it right away and it completely cleared up! Has anyone had experience with this Red/brown eye goov if so.. please advice me :) thanks alot! From me and Carly!

Attachments

• IMG_2716.PNG
    IMG_2716.PNG
    359.2 KB · Views: 37

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Reddish brown eye boogers are pretty normal in our house. We find them on the floor the walls etc...lol. It is not good when yellowish/green as that can mean infection. If you can share a pic, we could probably be able to tell you if it is what most of us see daily. @Mikeg333

BTW a beautiful baby!

Patti

Mikeg333

Lairian
Haha!! I find them all over the house, and always at her height on the walls where she can stand! Thats good to know, ill get a pic in the morning (its 20,46pm in UK now)... its weird, im working mornings at work and no matter what, between 4am/5am she always jumps on me and snuggles under the covers! Thanks for your reassurance! Ill get a photo in the morning! :)

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Pretty little lady.
I agree eye boogers.
As long, as, they, are reddish brown.
That, is best, to wash face and eyes, in the morning.
I have, baby wash clothes, I use. Good to wash body with too.
Wash down body, with warm cloths, in between baths, too.

Back