Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Red eye??!!

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi Everybody!
Mickey has a red eye,Well its around of the outside of his right eye and it looks like if he has been scratching it. Do you think it could be an allergy to something?....Poor little thing.

Thanks!!

Brooke

Banned
Hi Everybody!
Mickey has a red eye,Well its around of the outside of his right eye and it looks like if he has been scratching it. Do you think it could be an allergy to something?....Poor little thing.

Thanks!!

Is there any chance you can get a picture? Or be more specific? Is it all the way around his eye, the fleshy part inside his eyelids that's red, or outside of his eye? Is he winking or squinting at all? Any discharge from his eye?

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks so much!!.........Its all around his eye,It looks red all around his eye with scratches and he is keeping close most of the time but when he opens the eye I can see his eye ball its ok so the problen its on the outside if his eye.

Brooke

Banned
Sounds like you might need a quick trip to the vet. If he's squinting, that indicates he's having pain. It's hard to say what it might be, maybe some conjunctivitis that could be itchy, making him rub and scratch at his eye? The vet could give you some antibiotic eye drops that would clear that up within a couple of days if that's the problem. If it is conjunctivitis, the eyeball will look totally normal, just the lids around the eye are inflamed, and most often there is discharge from the eye.

Did he just start squinting today? If he's still squinting tomorrow, I'd take him in...if it's not better by then, it's probably not going to go away on it's own. Vibes for Mickey!

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sounds like you might need a quick trip to the vet. If he's squinting, that indicates he's having pain. It's hard to say what it might be, maybe some conjunctivitis that could be itchy, making him rub and scratch at his eye? The vet could give you some antibiotic eye drops that would clear that up within a couple of days if that's the problem. If it is conjunctivitis, the eyeball will look totally normal, just the lids around the eye are inflamed, and most often there is discharge from the eye.

Did he just start squinting today? If he's still squinting tomorrow, I'd take him in...if it's not better by then, it's probably not going to go away on it's own. Vibes for Mickey!

He started squinting yesterday but today his eye is definately looking worst,I feel really bad for him. I will take him to the vet today! Lets see I will keep you posted!

Thanks soooo much for the help!!!:ThumbsUp:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sorry to hear about Mickey. Hope he feels better soon.

Sophie had some redness around her eyes a while back. When I looked at her inner eyelid it was red too. She had a slight URI and the vet gave me some eye ointment and she was on antibiotics too.

Back