Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Red flags alert.. or is this okay?

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Personally I would stay away, the first red flag being he/she started with the fact that she isn't a "breeder". There was a very sad story on IG from a woman local to me who got two kittens from a terrible BYB in the states who works directly with a breeder in Russia. Both of the kittens she got were extremely sick, and one sadly passed away not even 1 year old after being diagnosed with FIP. The kittens passed their corona virus to her elder 12 year old sphynx who almost didn't make it either and cost her over 10k in vet bills.

I'm sure as much as you've already fallen in love, try and think of how much worse it'll feel if something is seriously wrong/unhealthy with your girl.

I would say if you do go ahead and purchase her, I would definitely get something in writing from this person that would hold them responsible for any type of health issues for one year, ect.

Let us know regardless what you choose!

catan

Lairian
I’ve decided I’m going to let her go and message the person today.

I don’t expect the $100 deposit back because I feel bad having held her up with a promise to home her.

I just hope someone will home her soon and everything is okay with her health and future regardless of my own fears and doubts.

I’m very sad but I know I’m ready to bring in a baby into my heart and home.
With luck and patience, advice and all the help from these threads and forums, I hope to find my next..

Thank you everybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catan

Lairian
@catan, awhh... we are here for you...
remember the right one is out there... Believe

Thank you,

I'm so sorry to hear about your first baby, Yoda.. your story struck me the hardest and helped in my decision process.

I'm still sad but I know everything will be okay with my decision making moving forward to find a kitty to love and cherish into my life.

Back