Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Red rings help!

Bartholomew

Lairian
My 3 month old boy Bartholomew has two red rings that I just noticed when I got home from work. One is on the base of his tail and the other is on his side. I'm not sure if this is just a simple rash or ring worm. I'm hoping one of my fellow sphynx owners can shed light on this for me.

Attachments

• F7EF9FB9-78FD-467F-A5C8-2EF92BDD74F4.jpeg
    F7EF9FB9-78FD-467F-A5C8-2EF92BDD74F4.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 45

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like ringworm. Keep your baby in a separate room as it is contagious to people. Get to your vet and they will help you treat it. Keep us updated @Bartholomew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bartholomew Have to agree looks like RW :(

Good advise to keep in a separate room and vet consult

Positive vibes please keep us updated

If you have a children or Other Pets please keep separate

All paws crossed ((((hugs))))
Btw, welcome to the lair family ... jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch .
We all help each other on the journey

Look forward to pics and tales of your adorable Bartholomew
So sorry to learn you may be dealing what appears to be RW :( with your baby Bartholomew

Have you contacted the breeder?

Best to get him seen by vet sooner than later to get a diagnosis and treatment plan

We are here for you ... if it is confirmed RW , please know we are here for you and members who have dealt with ringworm can certainly chime in

I would recommend wearing disposable latex free gloves when handling kitty and litterbox etc .
dispose gloves properly. You can ask your vet for recommendations
if it is RW it is contagious to pets and humans ‘

Last edited:

Bartholomew

Lairian
Looks like ringworm. Keep your baby in a separate room as it is contagious to people. Get to your vet and they will help you treat it. Keep us updated @Bartholomew

I'm not able to get to the vet for two weeks due to pay day but what we are going to do is go to PetSmart and get some shampoo. A friend of ours told us about this anti fungal shampoo and cream that will get rid of it so that's the plan for now. I've personally had rw many years ago and just put anti fungal on it and it went away. As far as the separation goes we've kept him in the second room so hopefully the others haven't had contact. We're also changing both litter boxes today and washing them with anti bacterial soap because I think that might be where he got it from but I have no idea.

Bartholomew

Lairian

Change of plans we have a vet appointment set up for tomorrow so hopefully they'll help. I'm pretty sure he got it from the breeder because we've only had him for 2 weeks and when she gave him to us he was super skinny like we could see all of his vertebrae.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bartholomew (((hugs))) glad you have a vet appointment ,
Getting him squared away with a treatment plan. Surely he will thrive , gain weight with all your love and care .

Good advice given to bring stool sample along for the wellness check .

(As a matter of routine , I always ask my vet to take a good listen to the heart too.
keeping in mind they can have stress or ghost murmurs that disappear on subsequent visits )

I just try to touch all bases while I am there anyways.
Gets a good baseline .

Remember to bring your records from the breeder showing vaccines , what he is due for, *deworming records .

Have the vet mark No Ketamine anesthesia on his medical chart .
It’s good to remind too when and if you plan to neuter.

A lair full of positive vibes for baby Bartholomew .

((((Hugs)))
Following closely for updates

Bartholomew

Lairian
@Bartholomew ((hugs)) positve vibes for Baby Bartholomew’s vet visit today ..
Please keep us updated
Just about done here at the vet. They're going to do a culture test but the Dr is very sure it's RW she's sending us home with shampoo and a typical cream to use. Hopefully it goes away soon because I've had it before years ago and it's super annoying lol.

Attachments

• C0FBAEFF-56D8-4208-B9EE-B6F568B1E9E9.jpeg
    C0FBAEFF-56D8-4208-B9EE-B6F568B1E9E9.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 42
Back