Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Red skin on my boy's thighs and armpits

ZimmersMom

Lairian
Hi! This is my first time posting on the forum, but a regular lurker for almost two years (since I became a sphynx owner!)

Today we're looking for some advice on this skin redness our boy Zimmer developed on the last few weeks.
We went on a 3 week vacation and leave him at our house with my mother in law taking care of him, so maybe I'm unaware of some details that happened during that time frame, but the thing is that when we came back, we noticed these red areas on his belly, bigger on his thighs and armpits, and he's itchier than usual but nothing too serious.
He's on a raw diet and that didn't change while we were gone, nor he was exposed to the sun.
He took a bath last night and we're still not seeing any improvement.

Can you help me identifying what this is? Thank you so much!

Attachments

• photo_2019-11-26_21-29-58.jpg
    photo_2019-11-26_21-29-58.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 32

Yoda mom

Staff member
@ZimmersMom so happy you have enjoyed the forum for years and decided to jump in and share with this fun friendly bunch...
so sorry your boy is having this skin rash :( definitely would try to back track anything that may have changed ... treats, litter brand,
sitting on heating pad? laying across sofa arms allergic to fabric etc... surely members will chime in

do you have a vet appointment? they may give him a shot to help ease the itching and help figure out what the heck is going on with your sweet Zimmer

following closely for updates

((hugs ))) head smooches and positive healing vibes

Sheldon13

Staff member
It looks like it may be peeling a little? Or am I seeing things? Has he been exposed to anything heated to that area? Radiator? Heated blanket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Happy to see you became an active member!
I agree with @Sheldon13, it looks like the skin is burning like after a sun or heat burn. Is it possible he burned himself at a heated blanket or something like that?