Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Reducing Skin Scarring

hairlesskovu

Lairian
Hi Everyone!
My bambino kitten Kovu has been having issues with allergies. He would get really bad rashes and pimples that would eventually bleed, scab, and scar. We have the allergy under control now, thankfully. However, he has been left with pretty bad scarring. His cheeks that were once pink are a blackish/grey and he has spots on his body. I am wondering if anyone knows any ways to reduce the appearance of the scarring? Thanks!

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
These guys heal fast, so hopefully the scarring will be minimal. Do you have pics to share? For any future topical skin issues I recommend this

BTW welcome to Sphynxlair!!! @hairlesskovu

hairlesskovu

Lairian
Hi Everyone!
My bambino kitten Kovu has been having issues with allergies. He would get really bad rashes and pimples that would eventually bleed, scab, and scar. We have the allergy under control now, thankfully. However, he has been left with pretty bad scarring. His cheeks that were once pink are a blackish/grey and he has spots on his body. I am wondering if anyone knows any ways to reduce the appearance of the scarring? Thanks!

This is a picture from before the allergy was completely under control. But you can see the major discolouration of his cheek. The second is pre allergy flair up so you can see the difference

Attachments

• 20181027_174316.jpg
    20181027_174316.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 20181114_162614.jpg
    20181114_162614.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@hairlesskovu , awhhhh
Glad you got the allergies under control
Can you share what it was and what treatment helped?

I like the vetericyn spray too and like it is non toxic -
My adoptee had severe discoloration (from sunning )
His skin healed on its own in several months -

Keep us updated often
Head smooches sent

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
When you bath your baby do you use shampoo or coconut oil on their face? We have seen where some just don’t rinse them well enough and seems like overnight they get a thick scab like layer on them. Does it flake off or come off if you gently rub with a warm wet cloth?

hairlesskovu

Lairian
Im o glad to hear a lot of it skin discolouration goes away on it's own with these little guys.

We werent able to pin point the allergy unfortunately. We narrowed it down to something in his food. Everything we tried to switch him to upset his tummy. So finally we found a food that didnt upset it and now hes on anti histamines.

hairlesskovu

Lairian
I dont use coconut oil. I didnt qant to add anything to his skin while we were trying to figure out the allergy. Maybe I should start?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@hairlesskovu
you can ask your vet if the coconut oil would be beneficial . I had thought about it too with my boys discoloration and then opted not too bcz I didn't want him to try to start over grooming licking rubbing thst could create more of a problem .
So monitored closely and let his skin do its natural thing amd healed up .
I attached a gotcha day pic of his skin pigmentation per vet check from (over sunbathing) This totally cleared on its own
Please let us know what food and antihistamine worked for your baby :)

Positive vibes and head smooches
Following closely for updates

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
I wouldn’t put anything on it. I only use baby wipes on our cats heads and a dot of coconut oil only on their noses.