Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

remember these kittens?

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
kittens.jpg

The lady that bred them emailed me today. She said she had thought that breeding her part peterbald girls to DSH males would produce a low allergy kitten that would "sell like hotcakes" turns out people think they have mange and would rather have a nice fluffy kitten. she did not sell even one! She took them to a flea market this past weekend and gave away all but 2 of them. She still had my email from when I was considering getting one or two, and wanted to see if I want the last two, a tortie girl and an orange girl:Dizzy: She said if not she will take them to the shelter (which I know is already over run with kittens this time of year)

I am torn for a couple of reasons.
1. I think it would be nice for Gummi to have kids her own age to play with
2. I really do intend to try to buy a boy sphynx next year, and that's a lot of cats!
3. I just let Gummi out of quarantine, and got my bathroom back, lol.

Since I would not be paying for them, it would not be contributing to her kitty mill business, which apparently failed miserably!

I am leaning toward getting them, but really wanted to know what you guys would do? Sometimes an outside perspective helps and you guys always have good advice.:Laugh:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm the last person who should give you advice as I have a soft spot for kitties in need of a loving home. Think with your head, then act with your heart.

susi794

Staff member
I'm a terrible one to ask--I can't take it that they'd most likely be PTS, so I'd end up taking them.

Bella07

Banned
Oh, this is a tough one!

How many cats and dogs, and other critters do you already own? If your a crazy lady with 20 other cats and 10 dogs, then I'd say no, but if you have only 1-2 cats, and maybe a dog or two, well then maybe go for it! :Wink:

I agree with MissMySphynxBoys. You know what is best for your home and what you can handle! I own 3 dogs and 2 cats.....I know that at this moment, bringing 2 more cats would be too much for me, especially when I hope to add a sphynx to my family in the near future.

Go with your gut! Sleep on it tonight. See what you feel in the morning, that always works for me, the right answer will come to you. Good Luck, and let us know!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I agree with everyone else.
If they go to the pound this time of year they will die.
That lady makes me so:Angry::Angry::Angry:

J

Jinxlover

They are cute!!
You also have to remember that Gummi only has one shot, you dont want to make her sick if they were to drag something in..

That said I would hate to see them go to the pound..

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I would hate to see them go to the pound. But i'd be worried about bringing them to my home as well incase they may be carrying something with them.

What would I do? I'd contact everyone I knew that had a heart for kitties and start helping her find them homes!

dragynflye

Lairian
i don't think i would do it (says the sucker with a whole litter in her bathroom). if gummi isn't fully vaccinated, there's too much of a risk. pretend you're adding another sphynx tomorrow, instead of next year. that's *three* new cats on top of what you already have.... can you deal with that? can you financially support that? do you have the room? the time? the attention?

in the end, only you can make that choice (only YOU can prevent forest fires!). the fact that you are hesitating says to me that you don't really *want* these kittens.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Yes helping her find homes for them seems like a good idea at this time. It would worry me too much, have to protect Gumi.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
okay then, this may not be the popular choice, but I got the kittens.

First, Gummi's health, as well as the health of my other cats, is always my first concern. The new kittens went straight to the vet, the have bright clear eyes, no runny nose, no sneezing, have now been dewormed and vacc, and are of course now in quarantine in my bathroom. The vet said he sees no reason to worry about Gummi, but they will stay isolated for 2 weeks anyway.

Second, this is just me, but I think it will be awesome for Gummi to have others to play and grow with.

third, as for me hesitating, it has nothing to do with not wanting them, but rather concern for the health of my current cats. I wanted them from the beginning, I just worried about contributing to this moron's breeding program.

fourth, we do have the space, time and finances to care for them. We moved here from 11 acres, we had horses, donkeys, sheep, goats, pigs, chickens, ducks, geese, snakes, parrots, dogs, and cats. Now we have less than 2 acres, and only cats, and dogs. So though it may seem like a lot of animals to most people, to us, it's almost nothing! lol as for a potential boy sphynx next year, well we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

So anyway, those are my reasons, and my decision, I hope you guys understand, and I appreciate so much all of your advice and input. So with out further ado...

Truth (orange female) and Dare (Tortie)
(rolling around on my hubby's dirty laundry, which he always leaves on the bathroom floor!!!)
012-5.jpg

013-6.jpg

Last edited:
J

Jinxlover

They are cute.. Your the only one who knows how many pets you can have, not us.
They do look happy and healthy..

The laundry on the floor must be a hubby thing...lol It's always on my bathroom floor too..Maybe there's a class the take before they can take a wife:LOL::LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Secretly I would have done the same thing!!! You did all the right things though and went about it the completely right way and like Shannon said only you know if you can have them and i am personally delighted you have!!!

They're very cute and I can't wait for updates!

X

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
geez, I just read my post, I fixed it, I only have cats and dogs now, NOT snakes and parrots too, lol

dragynflye

Lairian
they are wicked cute!

i don't think anyone is going to slam you for bringing them home. you asked for opinions, and we all gave them. you took what we said into consideration and made your own choice. i think that's what opinions are for!

i hope you share pics as they grow. they are definitely the cutest little "mangy" kitties i've ever seen!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
lol, they do look odd, hard to see in pics, but Truth has fuffy legs and her body fur is close to the skin, like she was shaved, Dare has just sparse kinky fur all over, and they both have curly whiskers! Pics are a mst~ no worries

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Darnit, I wanted you to get the one with the monk's cap (bald spot) on his head!!!

They are cute and I don't blame you- and you are doing what needs to be done to keep Gummi healthy too :)

Good soft-hearted Momma ;)

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats to you and truth and dare ( great names):ThumbsUp:
You know what is good for you and after having all the animals you have had I am sure you will do great with them!

So who is starting the no laundry on the bathroom floor class???:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back