Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Rest Easy Neftali

Aclaravega

Lairian
On Tuesday June 4th, in the early hours of the morning, we lost our beloved Neftali. He went missing on Monday afternoon, we searched for him via forums, local shelters and paw boost, an individual called that afternoon to inform us that someone had taken a sphynx to our local emergency vet. When we arrived the vet told us that he had been found by a Good Samaritan but had passed on his way to the hospital, the details and timeline of his passing are difficult to accept and I am not ready to divulge that information, we were told by the vet that his passing was quick and without suffering.

We chose so take him home and bury him under his favorite cherry blossom tree, we gathered our friends and family who knew him and honored his life by sharing stories and having a memorial service.

My heart breaks and I find myself constantly searching for his presence in our home...There is so much guilt associated with his passing, from how he escaped our home and how perhaps if we had realized sooner, he would still be here. I try to find solace in the fact that he positively impacted so many, and though his time was short, the effect of his unconditional love, lives on.

It's hard to explain to those who have not endured this loss, just how immense a void our cat has left in our lives, but I pray that with time, the good memories will offset the anguish, suffering and grief that hangs over us like a raincloud.

Neftali, thank you for everything that you taught us, for choosing us to love and for allowing us to love you. For the warmth, charismatic and open paws you offered to all of those that met you, for being a brother to our Dane, for the unconditional support through our hardships and for making every day with you a surprise and blessing from the universe.

I love you, I love you and I miss you so much.

Rest easy, our angel kitten.

IMG_2711.JPG

Neftali Albeiro Clara-Corbie

04.19.17-05.04.19

Our beloved son.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Aclaravega oh sweetie , my heart breaks for you and your family for the loss of your precious
Neftali your nakid son .. Your eternal love for Neftali leaps off the page .

I wish my words could bring a sliver of comfort . Know we are here for you (((hugs )))
Gentle Head smooches to your Dane for the loss of his bestie

“Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever.”
- from poem for cats

Rest In Peace sweet Neftali
You touched hearts forever
648A5489-BC0C-4458-80BB-F51A68516565.jpeg
EA95A167-8732-4926-94C2-B104569816A0.jpeg

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It is never easy, but to be so sudden as you describe, is anguishing. Time will heal, but you will never forget your little angel on earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gojira14

Lairian
On Tuesday June 4th, in the early hours of the morning, we lost our beloved Neftali. He went missing on Monday afternoon, we searched for him via forums, local shelters and paw boost, an individual called that afternoon to inform us that someone had taken a sphynx to our local emergency vet. When we arrived the vet told us that he had been found by a Good Samaritan but had passed on his way to the hospital, the details and timeline of his passing are difficult to accept and I am not ready to divulge that information, we were told by the vet that his passing was quick and without suffering.

We chose so take him home and bury him under his favorite cherry blossom tree, we gathered our friends and family who knew him and honored his life by sharing stories and having a memorial service.

My heart breaks and I find myself constantly searching for his presence in our home...There is so much guilt associated with his passing, from how he escaped our home and how perhaps if we had realized sooner, he would still be here. I try to find solace in the fact that he positively impacted so many, and though his time was short, the effect of his unconditional love, lives on.

It's hard to explain to those who have not endured this loss, just how immense a void our cat has left in our lives, but I pray that with time, the good memories will offset the anguish, suffering and grief that hangs over us like a raincloud.

Neftali, thank you for everything that you taught us, for choosing us to love and for allowing us to love you. For the warmth, charismatic and open paws you offered to all of those that met you, for being a brother to our Dane, for the unconditional support through our hardships and for making every day with you a surprise and blessing from the universe.

I love you, I love you and I miss you so much.

Rest easy, our angel kitten.

View attachment 93428

Neftali Albeiro Clara-Corbie

04.19.17-05.04.19

Our beloved son.
I’m sorry for your loss

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh how I hate to read this - I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you don't feel guilty; you provided Neftali a loving home. I've had my sphynxes get out on me a couple of times.....thankfully I found them but it can happen to anyone. Anyway sometimes they just pass from old age or whatever; it is always hard but time does help a lot.

Rest easy Neftali.

kauna

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My heart breaks for you and the loss of your beloved Neftali. It is clear you loved him deeply. Please do not blame yourself for his passing. This was an accident that he got out it happens to the best of us no matter how careful we can be. Give yourself time and comfort while your heart is grieving. We are all here for you.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello there !
My heart ached reading your post ! I could actually feel your pain in your words
So very very very sorry for your loss ! To happen out of the blue is a massive shock to your heart !
I hope you heal though you will never forget . But try remember happy times. The most
Massive hugs from us
Xxx❤❤❤❤Xxx