Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Reviews or Experience with "Plaque Off"?

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I ordered some of the plaque off today to try for Leo... The web site to explain it is:

http://www.plaqueoff.com

He has yellow gunk on his teeth in the back, and his little rodent ulcers are starting to come back on his top lip. The vet was worried that it may eventually show up as stomatitis... He had a yucky gum infection this fall that took 2 rounds of antibiotics to clear up.

Has anyone used the plaque off here? I am going to take before and after pictures of his teeth when we get it in the mail!

nfaerie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I ordered some of the plaque off today to try for Leo... The web site to explain it is:

http://www.plaqueoff.com

He has yellow gunk on his teeth in the back, and his little rodent ulcers are starting to come back on his top lip. The vet was worried that it may eventually show up as stomatitis... He had a yucky gum infection this fall that took 2 rounds of antibiotics to clear up.

Has anyone used the plaque off here? I am going to take before and after pictures of his teeth when we get it in the mail!
I am looking at plaque off type products as my kitt is a nightmare to try to brush her teeth. Did it work for you??

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I took before photos of his teeth... everyone says they see a difference in 3-8 weeks. It has only been 10 days so far, no real difference yet. Will post his progress when I see some.

Here are his teeth when we started:
20140114_124612.jpg 20140114_124405.jpg

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I sell it at my store. After being given a sample at a trade show and using it on my cats and dogs at the time I was really impressed. It is so easy to use and I think it helps with gassiness. My standard poodle could clear rooms.
I still use it today.

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know this is an older thread, but @MollysMom where did you purchase the Plaque Off product? From their website?
And how did you find it worked?

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'd love to know if this works too. Min's teeth are great, but Max's are horrible and I brush etc.

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We discontinued using it after a few weeks... I can't remember why. We might have had a health issue or something pop up that took our attention away. I really need to take him in for a cleaning soon. Yes @Xandria, I either ordered it off the website or amazon.ca

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@MollysMom , @Xandria , @GoldHazel ,have you ever tried the dental water additives or heard any feedback ?
Was considering adding Oratene pet water additive
Oratene Veterinarian Drinking Water Additive for Dogs & Cats, 8-oz bottle - Chewy.com
@Yoda mom no, I haven't used anything and never heard of any of these products. @Nicolemorgan told me about a few other products:

Dental Gel for Cats
Plaque Off
Leba III Dental Spray

I am very interested in using something that I can easily use to clean their teeth (for my dogs too). I used to brush my dogs teeth. Victoria was very cooperative and even allowed me to use the Spin Brush. Maggie always gave me a hard time. I've had their teeth cleaned a few times at the vet's office too.

There is no way I can brush my cats' teeth and I'm not feeling it for putting something in their drinking water or food. But I am interested in a spray or something that is quick and easy. I don't know. I just don't like the idea of giving them something to ingest to get their teeth clean.

This is a very good thread and we need to search and explore options for our babies. Something safe and effective.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@GoldHazel , lol I wish I worked there! But would be a few hour commute .
I wish known about their site yrs ago! For us that don't do amazon prime and to get stuff here as an alternative with their fast shipping , awesome customer service , discounts , loyality program ..I love to pass it on :)

Yrs ago I fed life's abundance I bought thru my vet .. Stopped feeding it when I found out it was a pyramid marketing like amway - and if the vet would hack do signed me up for $19.95 I would have had a discount for over 7 yrs at $400 a month I fed it to the crew

Then researched and found Dr Tims , Annamaet, and Blackwood are made at the same Ohio pet foods plant as life's abundance

Will have to research the dental products :)

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@MollysMom , @Xandria , @GoldHazel ,have you ever tried the dental water additives or heard any feedback ?
Was considering adding Oratene pet water additive
Oratene Veterinarian Drinking Water Additive for Dogs & Cats, 8-oz bottle - Chewy.com
I have something similar that I can send you, lol. I realized after I bought it that my guys don't drink a lot of water due to the high water content of their food. So it's a waste for me. My vet said a multi pronged approach is best... dental chews, tooth paste and that water additive.