Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

RIP Finster

HelloKealy

Lairian
I lost my squishy dough ball, my raw turkey, my naked chicken baby, my nakey nakey, my mister mister, my love... Finster. He went over the rainbow bridge last Sunday (6/24) at the vets office. He had been losing weight since roughly the beginning of June, and not eating his hard food. So I get an appointment for him and started him on wet food, which he ate loads of! Vet said to monitor him and his weight, had to make another appointment a week or two later (it’s blurry) because he was retaining fluid (ascites, which I know it a bad sign). Vet put him on heart medication and took a sample to test. Meanwhile, he peed twice at my sisters house Thursday(we stayed the night so I could baby sit and he wouldn’t be alone since my boyfriend was away for work and my other cat and him were indifferent) which I figured was him not finding her litter box. Friday I got a call from the vet saying his fluid was heart fluid, which I expected since last X-ray he had an enlarged heart. Saturday he was alright until I got him later in the evening. My boyfriend informed me that Finster had peed in the recliner and that he couldn’t walk. We went to sleep, me with Finster on my chest. Then I found out Sunday morning why he had been peeing. He woke me up at 530am by having a seizure on top of my chest. I knew I couldn’t let him be in pain so I called the emergency vet and had him go to the other side peacefully, in my arms. I wanted to let him die on his own terms, but after witnessing that seizure and knowing he had had three others, I knew I couldn’t let him be in pain. So here’s to you my sweet boy. I love you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2a1e77e275ad205e6d6f372cc22d4433.jpg

Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Fly high sweet Finster. Your angel wings carried you to a peaceful place free of pain. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Keep the best memories closest to your heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
@HelloKealy , oh sweetie I am so sorry your friend , your mister mister love Finster got his angel wings .
You gave him unselfish love and dignity to let him fly free. To do right by them when they need it most is the hardest part of Sphynx Love.

Fly free amd high sweet ^ Finster^
You live in hearts forever

"Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever. "
-from poem for cats

(((Hugs)))
Here for you

Last edited:

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So very sorry for your loss! I know the heartbreak it brings. Be at peace with that you did all a loving owner can do. You get to take the pain so he doesn't have to. Allow yourself to grief and be mad. One day you'll remember him with a smile and you'll carry him within forever... hugs! :bigtears:

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I am so very sorry for your loss. I love all the names you had for him. Absolutely beautiful. Your love bond was so strong. And you will forever have memories in your heart and your mind. Be gentle with yourself. Hugs.

Back