Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

RIP, our sweet girl Athena

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I always dreaded the day that I would have to use this part of the forum myself, as we all know sadly it is the inevitable. Today we lost our dear girl Athena, she has crossed the rainbow bridge. The vet said it may have been a stroke and her kidneys then failed, she passed away in my daughters arms peacefully. She loved the sunshine on her face, soaking it up in the window, getting her treat when dad got home, hopping up on the counter waiting patiently for her turn to get her treats. Out of all the pets we have and the humans too, she was always up with me in the wee hours of the morning, she was my sweet girl and I will miss her dearly. RIP Athena.

CIMG4493.jpg
182-1240752884-5dc48c7568d4f94a14bcef9ae10fae1c.jpg
IMG_0856.JPG

Yoda mom

Staff member
@admin , I am soo so sorry your sweet Athena bestie got her angel wings... she certainly knew your family's love beyond measure.
My heartfelt condolences to your family... Athena touched all our hearts ... thank you for sharing her beautiful pictures of your very special friend Athena.. she was surrounded by love. (((squeeze hugs to your family )))))

Please give your daughter and extra squeeze hug from me

"Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever.”
- from poem for cats

Fly High in Peace sweet Athena
you live in hearts forever and ever
IMG_1185.JPG

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My condolences for the loss of you angel on earth, Athena. It is so hard to read every time a long time member or mod loses a dear Sphynx. She will be waiting for you on the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leilalover

Lairian
I'm so sorry for your loss. Athena was so beautiful. You can tell just from the pictures that she was very loved.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
So very sorry for the loss of your girl Athena. She clearly was a daddy's girl. I know you'll keep the good memories close to your heart. Hugs for you and your family.

Athena is one of the two reasons sphynxlair exist and we now have an international community of sphynxlovers. Thank you Athena for spreading sphynx love around the world.

Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
I was lucky to have actually met your beautiful baby in person and see the love between you and Athena. I got to hear the sweet accent/tone of voice you put on when talking to her and she just ate it up. She loved you Tom just as much as you loved her. She will be in your heart forever. Fly high sweet girlie.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so sorry for your loss. I really can't even imagine what you're feeling as I can start crying just thinking of loosing any of ours one day. Lots of hugs from me and the gang. <3

Duglynukem

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I’m so sorry for your loss. God bless your sweet Athena, I know our Shamu will be waiting to meet her at the Rainbow Bridge.

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This is heartbreaking. I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Athena.

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So sorry for your loss! Prayers are sent....

Beckinboots

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm so sorry for your loss. Athena was a beautiful girl and you can see how much she was loved. I hope your heartache eases soon.

Lynn W

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful Athena. :  ( You have my deepest sympathies.