Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Roller Derby

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My wife started practicing to be on the local roller derby team about 5 months ago. This past Tuesday, she took her skills test and Passed! She's out having a lady's night with the West Texas Derby Dollz right now -- I'm so proud of her.:Cool:

turns out they also needed refs so... I'll see if I'm any good on skates:Smile:

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Cool! Wonder what her Derby name is gunna be?

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
BIG congrats!! takes one hell-of-a lady to do that!! one of my sister friends (mine too, but mostly hers) is part of the roller derby here in Detroit. It seems so interesting! i think we're gonna take the kids to a game one day.

Bella07

Banned
Wow---your wife sounds fabulous! Congrats to her (and you!) You'll be a great ref.

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Her Derby name is EsoTerror... her first game is Sept .19 -- It's not ranked, so win or lose doesn't effect regional standings, but I think she'll do well.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, thats great Fester! She must be tough with good endurance to be in that sport! Good luck with your referee career! I had a go at coaching for my son's basketball team a few years back and I enjoyed it.:ThumbsUp:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sounds like a lot of fun for the both of you. As a ref maybe you'll get a shiny whistle!

Last edited:
That is awesome! Every year I keep telling my hubby I want to go try out...Every year I don't do it. LOL
Have fun as a ref! Just wait 'till you make a call on her!!!!

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sounds like you two are going to have a blast!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Sure sounds fun:ThumbsUp:
There was a movie on not to long ago about a roller derby team and our daughter loved it.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I wish we had a roller derby here! I would for sure try out for it!! Sounds like good times to me! BRING IT! LOL

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Roller Derby is awesome!! I love watching and secretly wish I could join. What a way to get out your frustration!! Good Luck to both of you.