Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Rough Night

Beckinboots

Lairian
Yay! So happy to hear toothless is feeling better. Is she called Toothless after How to Train Your Dragon? Fun fact (but only if she is) - I found out the other day that the lady who wrote the book the film is based on grew up in the village next to where I live. Her mother still lives there.

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yay! So happy to hear toothless is feeling better. Is she called Toothless after How to Train Your Dragon? Fun fact (but only if she is) - I found out the other day that the lady who wrote the book the film is based on grew up in the village next to where I live. Her mother still lives there.

She is most definitely my Baby Dragon!!
They actually brought several breeds of cat into the studio while the where animating the movie and based the dragons (particularly Toothless') movements on the cats movements and mannerisms!

Cinafina

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm late to this one and have been catching up on the rollercoaster Toothless and you have been on for the last week! What a worry that must have been... :confused: But am sooo pleased she seems back to normal now {}

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Update Time:

Despite all her labs coming back normal the first time I still just had this "feeling" that something was off. I know my girls better then I know myself and I just didn't feel like Tooth was bouncing back the way I would have expected, she still had a poor appetite and would occasionally still vomit up bile. On top of that she was losing weight in a way that was starting to scare me!

I had more blood drawn on Sunday night and my sister got me the results yesterday morning. She has slightly elevated eosinophils and slightly decreased lymphocytes. I was also told that most of her other levels where increasing as a result of these two things.

After berating my sister for scaring the CRAP outta me without actually telling me what that meant she said that Toothless has gastentoritis.

This can be caused by eating things she's not suppose to eat (thank you very much step kids and curious cats). At the moment the vet isn't concerned about her levels to the point where he wants her in the hospital but has prescribed her ygia and famotidine.

Anyone know anything about these???

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Famotidine is Pepcid, so basically just helps with levels of stomach acid. I am unfamiliar with the other.

What do you think she has been eating??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think she's been eating table scraps.
She's really good about jumping up when the step kids go to clear their plates, they aren't so great about eating over their plates and Toothless is a master scavenger!!

She's also been caught eating things on the floor in the kids rooms.

We are going to have a long talk tonight about sphynxie health and safety!!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MelissaAlice awhhh positve vibes sent
Definite a good idea about the chat
( they can perhaps be proactive to be helpful in keeping an eye out on tooth and what food she tried to steal ! They can be the sphynx police! :)

I have had famotidine for my crew in the past
worked well
What is is the other med? Flagyl?

Following closely for updates

Head smooches sent

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The ygia is just a powder that I sprinkle on her food. Given that her appetite is hit or miss I'm worried that she may not always get her full dose. Any suggestions as to what I could mix it with to make her eat it .. I thought some plain greek yogurt might work?

Yoda mom

Staff member
I would ask your vet for suggestions
I would ask your vet the if you can liquify ygia with water and give in an liquid medication plunger ( they can show the proper technique )
Mine hate wet food so it was easier to give my boy meds with the plunger

Some meds can be “formulated “ to a liquid amd my vet provided me with the liquid dispenser

Keep us updated hugs n head smooches

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Also, depending on the volume, you could put it in a capsule and then give it to her with some pill pocket.

You could try a little tuna water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Tuna water .. that should go for!
I was told that it can be added to whatever I can get her to eat. It's a very fine powder and disappears the second it gets in contact with anything wet. If she was eating her raw as per normal it wouldn't be so hard.