Rough play | Sphynxlair

Rough play

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Questions?' started by dbzmastergal, Jun 10, 2018.

1. dbzmastergal

dbzmastergalLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $1,057.09
    Ratings:
    +66
    as you guys know Beerus has come home and it's been such a joy to have him. However he is really rough with play. He is fond of pouncing on me and he starts to nibble but it turns into sharp bites, he has never drawn blood but I've never let him continue until it gets to that stage. When I come back from work he is extra energetic, which is expected but he pounced my face and scratched me across the forehead, also yesterday he nipped my lip. When I'm sleeping I'll put the covers all the way over my head, but he is so determined to get to me and pounce my face. I try to redirect his play to his toys which works a little but it's then back to my face knees, hands and feet. Any suggestions? I redirect play, I also stand up and leave( he actually doesn't follow me when I do that, but when I sit down he will play gently then rough again). I have locked him out for 10 mins, he will cry once then be silent until I open the door.

2. Duglynukem

DuglynukemLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $5,286.21
    Ratings:
    +472
    When Cleo plays she will get more and more energetic. If she starts biting we put her in her kennel to calm her down. It usually only takes a few minutes.

There are a number of resources to help contain an aggressive cat. Search/ Google is your friend.

I hope you get Beerus under control, it will make for a happier life for you both.