Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Royal Canin

Mmitchell

Lairian
Hello,

My breeder uses Royal Canin kitten but having done my research, Royal Canin isn’t really the best quality of food out there. I already know I will be using Acana First Feast for the dry, but in terms of a kitten wet food what are everyone’s thoughts on Tiki cat kitten food? Has anyone used it?

I do know to transition slowly over to new foods etc.

What are everyone opinions on Tiki Cat? Specifically the kitten food if possible?

Melissa

Mmitchell

Lairian
Hills, Royal Canin and Ziwi are guaranteed for quality and AAFCO
Based on my research grain-free products are the best way to go with sphynx cats, and it's my understanding that Royal Canin Kitten is not grain-free. I have never heard of Hills or Ziwi, maybe they are not available in Canada?

I have heard very good things about Tiki cat (Grain free, minimum extra ingredients) which is why I was inquiring about other people's experiences. My breeder mentioned that as long as there wasn't fish (Salmon, Tuna etc.) in the food, switching to a higher quality cat food was alright. She said in her experience fish in the food tends to make their skin more oily.

Thanks for your response though!

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I buy my food from my vet. I use Royal Canin dental dry, Royal Canin high fibre wet, Royal Canin high fibre dry, and Hills Digestive Health. I trust my vet. My kitty had anal gland issues which is why she has so much high fibre food. I think the grain in the food helps it to be high fibre.

Back