Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sad news for Frida

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I’m very sad to say that Frida has HCM and her heart is failing. They pulled half a pop can of fluid out of her lungs this past Friday and the blood test results confirmed on Saturday that she is going through heart failure. The vet says there isn’t much that can be done and so we are keeping her as comfortable as possible until her breathing becomes too laboured and it is time to say our final goodbyes. My heart is breaking. Frida has brought such joy and love to my life and I cannot imagine a better companion or a deeper love.
She is still eating well but she is very tired and hasn’t left the couch at all today. I’m trying to keep her warm and fed and don’t know what else to do. If anyone has tips for keeping her comfortable I would welcome them. The vet says it will likely be 2 or 3 months at most that we get with her. The way she is I am not sure we will get that. I don’t want her to be in pain and don’t want to say goodbye. I don’t know when will be the right time. The change was so sudden. It all feels like a huge shock.

Attachments

• D9DA52D2-D0D9-4599-8F22-AC798BF03AA4.jpeg
    D9DA52D2-D0D9-4599-8F22-AC798BF03AA4.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 65472A47-ED1E-4042-8DFB-16AA760E2408.jpeg
    65472A47-ED1E-4042-8DFB-16AA760E2408.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 121D0004-D764-4F10-9C43-2B3BA56F8E61.jpeg
    121D0004-D764-4F10-9C43-2B3BA56F8E61.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 35

Yoda mom

Staff member
@naomi , oh my heart hurts for you and baby Frida. went thru with a couple of my babies .I share in your hurt. did they give any meds? she only knows your love.. extra big hugs n prayers for baby Frida. your lair family is here for you and Frida.

@Sheldon13 @Catzzzmeow

Attachments

• sending prayers heart pawprints.jpeg
    sending prayers heart pawprints.jpeg
    17.3 KB · Views: 31

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I am so sorry…she knows nothing but your love and that is everything. Please continue to share your love/life with Frida with us. Huge hugs are sent.

Melk

Lairian
I am so so sorry to hear this about Frida... She looks so sweet and seems to have so so much love from you. What you are feeling/going through must be so hard. We are all here for you. Unfortunately I do not have any advice on keeping her comfortable medically. Although I am sure she finds comfort in your love and company! Hoping someone else can share their experience or give advice on this situation. Wishing you the strength to get through this hard time!

Melissa

nudebea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am so sorry to hear your news about Frida, my thoughts are with you. My boy Wilson has heart problems that cause ectopic heartbeats that will probably eventually lead to heart failure, I am dreading that time but trying to cherish every moment we have with him. He is currently on medications . Im sure your obvious love for Frida will guide you in your care and choices for her. Sending you hugs across the miles xxx

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so sorry for your news about Frida. You clearly love her and have her best interests at heart. You'll know when it's time to let her go. Nobody else knows her like you do and she'll tell you when she's ready. I wish I could offer more practical advice but I don't have experience with this horrible disease. I'm sure others who have been through it will be able to offer help.

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@naomi , oh my heart hurts for you and baby Frida. went thru with a couple of my babies .I share in your hurt. did they give any meds? she only knows your love.. extra big hugs n prayers for baby Frida. your lair family is here for you and Frida.

@Sheldon13 @Catzzzmeow
Thank you Suzi. They didn’t prescribe anything. What I was told is that once they are in heart failure there isn’t much that can be done other than continually draining her lung which either very hard on her. If you have thoughts or advice based on your experiences I would be happy to bring them to my vet. She seems to eat less every day and I just worry about her being in pain or discomfort that she doesn’t need to be in.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@naomi , thinking of you and baby Frida with the biggest hugs and gentle head kisses. my Kato was at the point of palliative care on the journey. my vet had me watch respirations, open mouth breathing and had a heartfelt talk about quality of life vs quantity. I did get him some hills a/d urgent care food.. (its formulated to be syringeable too ) while keeping him comfortable.

2191197-center-1

for my baby there was nothing more I could do but share my love and a promise.
I promised my boy to be his voice with wings of peace and dignity when it was time.

sending much love... Frida only knows your love. here for you.

Attachments

• sending prayers heart pawprints.jpeg
    sending prayers heart pawprints.jpeg
    17.3 KB · Views: 18

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh gosh I just found this post. My heart is breaking and I am crying hard. I loved Frida. And I know Max did too.

I am so so sorry, Naomi. I'm hugging you hard from across the city. xoxoxoxoxo

Back