Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Safe Table Foods ???

Im just curious as to what table foods you guys give you're Sphynx's? My mom gives E.T (her sphyxn) a little squirt of whip cream everyday and he goes crazy for it. This is day 5 with Baby and I left a piece of cold pizza from earlier on my desk and ran to the fridge to grab a drink and when I came back the little booger was nibbling on the cheese :LOL: When I took it away she grew horns like a devil cat !! So I took a small piece and smushed it up for her and she housed it ! Also earlier I dropped a small dime size piece of watermelon on the floor and she ran over and started to lick it like crazy. I need a list of treats for her.....BAD :Shok:

Also, I might be one of the only males in here and this question might be a bit weird but Its better for me to know the answer then have it just happen so here I go......Do female Sphynx's get a period? And of they do, what do i do? Do they make Sphynx tampons or something?

Thanks Everybody !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
There is no blood when a cat goes in heat.
They do get loud though.
Be careful what they eat or you might have sick cats.

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
hahahaha..hahahaa! lol Sphynx Tampons!! lol I'm sorry lol I almost peed myslef lol. Just picturing it in my head..lol

Ok now that i'm done...like mews said they don't bleed, but they do go into heat once a month..or so...you will know when this happens, cause she will go crazy meowing,BUT if you get her spayed at around 5/6 months she'll stop :)

Tablefood, especially fatty foods like cream, can cause pancreatitis and death. If you're wanting to give food, stick with treats that are approved for cats.

raw meat (lamb, calf) is the best! gives energy, extra nutritions and cats LOVE it! and no diarrhea :Wink:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Our cats do get some extra human treats periodically. Ice cream, cake, steak, chicken, mashed potatoes. Some times you will find they are little theives , and will steal too.:Surprise: I wouldn't make it a daily habit, but we treat them once in awhile to human treats.:Laugh:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
:LOL::LOL::LOL: That was too funny! but don't worry no blood just lots of noise! As far of people food we give our cats everything just no onions or avacodo (speeling) those 2 things can be bad for them! Leo gets A little of our dinner every night!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Also, I might be one of the only males in her
:LOL: I seriously had to read that line like ten times and I was wondering if we needed to have a intervention or rescue happen :LOL:

As far as the blood goes that's a really good question. I've always assumed they did bleed like women and that is why they make those pet diapers. I've never had to worry about it because every female pet I've had, I had spayed before they reached that point in their lives. Thanks ilovemysphynx for the info :Laugh:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
:LOL: I seriously had to read that line like ten times and I was wondering if we needed to have a intervention or rescue happen :LOL:

As far as the blood goes that's a really good question. I've always assumed they did bleed like women and that is why they make those pet diapers. I've never had to worry about it because every female pet I've had, I had spayed before they reached that point in their lives. Thanks ilovemysphynx for the info :Laugh:

I think the diapers are for dogs because that is A mess:Badly2:

thank you !!! I didnt want chris hanson knocking at my door doing a show on "to catch a sphynx predator" What exactly did you mean "your the only male in her" hahahahaha

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL::LOL::LOL: It may be gone but it will be well remembered :LOL::LOL::LOL: Best laugh I've had all week :BigSmile:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Yeh that is the part I fixed I did not see it until Kalliee pointed it out. I am not sure how long you have to fix A post, have to check with admin when he gets home ( he is my husband)

I think Kalliee and my self are the only ones who caught it and now have A stomach ache from laughing so hard!