Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

San Angelo TX Sphynx Rescue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Waffle

Lairian
I had two female russian sphynx cats taken from me by an angry husband, and put into a sphynx shelter. I don't know where this shelter is.
My heart is broken.
If you're in the West Texas area and are serious about giving two female Russian sphynx an amazing and wonder and beautiful new forever family, please look for my babies. Please don't separate them from each other. They are mother and daughter and what they knew was taken from them without any warning.
They are the most amazing little felines in whole galaxy. They are so sweet and such good little babies. They never bit or attacked anyone. They were handled like little rag dolls by my 7 and 5 year old kiddos and never did anything to hurt my human babies. They were the most ideal kitty cats with the best freaking temperaments ever.
During the day Waffles would hide from my kids, up on the fridge. She is a little antisocial when guests come over, but gets curious and warms up to the situation quickly to find out what's going on. She likes being up high where my kiddos can't reach her. But at night, when my babies were sound asleep, she would go and snuggle with my 5 year old. On his chest, in the crook of his elbow, in his neck. She loved him when he was asleep. lol
And Pip, she is Pip. She is so funny and cute and has the absolute best temperament of any animal I have ever known. She doesn't meow. She squeeks/barks. It's hilarious. And she grunts. She reminds me of the dog from Annimaniacs... Buttons and Mindy. Because she's always trying to find a spot to be "safe" from loves, just to get swooped up and snuggled. Then she's making sounds that lead you to believe she's thinking, "oh man! Not again!" But she loves it. Because she lets it happen time and time again, and still loves to snuggle at the end of the day.

Both of these precious little nuggets need a good home. They deserve a good home. They didn't deserve being uprooted from their current home the way they were. I didn't even get to tell them I was sorry or goodbye. My heart is broken. I don't know where they are or what is going on with them. I just know they are somewhere out there, in need of a loving, good, home. Where they can be together, so they at least have something familiar about the situation they've been put in.

Please, pretty pretty please! If you're the one who finds them, and gives them a new loving forever home, please contact me. I won't try and take them from you. I just want to know they are safe and being loved for, and would love to be friends with you on FB so I may continue to see pictures of them.

I'm in San Angelo, TX. If you are near and would love to find these sweet little angels, they are out there. I don't know where, but they are somewhere.

I'm sorry for the depressing post. I hope and pray one of y'all are able to locate my babies, and give them a new loving forever home. They will truly bless your lives and bring nothing but sunshine to you, even on the darkest most dreary and rainy of days. I promise.

Kyla L

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am so sorry that this happened to you. I hope someone finds them and gives them wonderful homes. My heart is breaking for you.

Emily0404

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so sorry for you! Have you tried calling all the shelters to find them?

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So sorry to hear this has happened… not to be paranoid, but are you sure that he put them in a shelter, and didn't try to sell them? It seems odd to steal cats just to take them to a shelter.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I don't understand - he told you he took them to a shelter but he won't tell you which one? That is terrible but let's focus on finding them. First thing I would do is go see a marriage counselor and try to get your husband to go with you; hopefully that person will get your husband to tell you where he took your cats. If he won't cooperate I would ask the police to help you (I'm not a lawyer but that sounds like stealing to me). And finally you need to start calling every shelter in West Texas because hairless cats stand out in a crowd. You should be able to find them because shelters keep all their new animals for a little while before they adopt them out but you do need to be thorough and relentless. Good luck and don't give up.

1sphynxlover

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I wouldn't stop looking til I found them, I'm not going to say what I would do to the him. I would definately contact the police. I would be kick him out or leave myself, anyone that would steal what was so precious to you, you don't know what they are liable to do. He's a very, very sick man.

Don Waffle

Lairian
I found my kitties. Which is wonderful news. But my husband told the lady not to let me have the cats back. I'm so angry and so heart broke. The lady that has them is a sphynx owner, so I know they are being taken care of... but that's not the point. The point is, I WANT MY BABIES BACK!!!
MY name is the one on the certifications. Not his. MINE! I just don't know what to do. :(
I would go get them, but who's to say he wouldn't do the same thing again when I am not around next. I have a full time job and he gets home before me.
Ahhh!! I am so mad!! :mad:

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh wow. Thank goodness you found them and they are safe - where did this lady get them from???

Do you have a friend or someone who can foster them until you can safely take them again?

If you let the lady know that she is in possession of stolen cats, she should have enough of a conscience to give them back.

Don Waffle

Lairian
And I do want my kitties back. I just don't know what he would do to them if I got them back.
Plus, he told the lady that he gave them to, not to let me have them. He told her not to reply back to my texts or calls, but then said it was okay I guess, because we text'd back and forth one day for a minute.
I told her not to get rid of the kitties without seeing if I wanted them back first. She said she would let me know. So, at least I know they are safe and where they are... sort of... :confused:

zoinks

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Okay, I don't mean to over step the line here as this is not what your post is about but what your husband did is so wrong!

In a healthy relationship, you would give not away two cats who obviously mean the world to your partner -- nevermind doing this behind their back! That is just so spiteful. The way he is acting shows that he has no respect for you, telling the woman not to communicate with you??? such sneaky behavior..... what kind of character is he?

I would evaluate your relationship and why he is treating you this way. I am glad you found the cats and they are safe but so sad that you are being put through this by someone you love.

1sphynxlover

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Okay, I don't mean to over step the line here as this is not what your post is about but what your husband did is so wrong!

In a healthy relationship, you would give not away two cats who obviously mean the world to your partner -- nevermind doing this behind their back! That is just so spiteful. The way he is acting shows that he has no respect for you, telling the woman not to communicate with you??? such sneaky behavior..... what kind of character is he?

I would evaluate your relationship and why he is treating you this way. I am glad you found the cats and they are safe but so sad that you are being put through this by someone you love.

I think my post says it all. He's sick! In my house he would be out the door.

Don Waffle

Lairian
I agree with the both of you. And no... you didn't overstep anything.
I have 2 children (7 and 5) and need to think of them, too. Otherwise how I would handle things would be a whole lot different.
Thank you for your replies. xx

Dallassummer

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
If there is any way I can help you get them back, let me know. This is so wrong. I want to see them back where they belong.

Are they mircochipped? If theey are and it has your name, that proof right there. Call the police, show them your papers, get your babies back ans get away from that disrespectful who calls himself a man.

Don Waffle

Lairian
I spoke to a cop. I guess in Texas if you're married you share everything equally. So filing a report wouldn't do anything. He said I could go to a civil laws court (like judge judy) and fight it there, but otherwise not much will be done. I am feeling so freaking empty and like all hope is gone. Yes, I have my beautiful human babies whom I love immensely, but what he did was so hurtful that I don't even want to deal with him. Our issues go further than just the cats. But I'll spare y'all the details. It's been a rough ride though.
So that's what's up.
Thanks all, for your replys and support. I don't chat often, but y'all are amazing. xx

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I would have my papers in hand and go to the lady's home and tell
her, he's mean, spiteful and stole my babies (cats) and they are in your
name and nothing against her personally, but, if she didn't give me
My babies, I was going to take her and your Husband court.
Also, you have no intentions leaving without them.
That might scare her and she not want to be in the middle and just
let you have them. Let her know you are serious. Then, I would take
them to someone who would take great care of them just long
enough to put your Husband out or find a place myself. If he loved
You, respected you, wanted you happy, and was a mature adult he
would have NEVER done that. Please keep us updated.
Prayers for you.

Wyn

Lairian
Frankly, If you can get them back, but are afraid that your husband will do it again, I will foster for you...until you KICK HIS BUTT TO THE CURB!!! No one who does that is a loving person. He sounds like a controlling ass and is in need of a lot of counselling. I would highly suggest a separation at least and make damn sure he doesn't have access to you or yours...at least until he understands what love actually is, or moves on. I'm sorry if my thoughts on the matter are harsh, I don't know the whole situation. You two may really care for one another, but I've been in bad relationships before...and his behavior reeks of someone who doesn't so much as love the person he's with, as he desires to have her and control every aspect of that relationship. If that is the case, then it's very possible that things will get much worse if you stay.

As far as the person that has the cats...legally she cannot keep them from you if you have proof that you were the original owner. The police will force her to return them if you call and request their presence. However, they may (or may not) file charges against your husband for theft depending on the county, or the lady if she resists returning them, or even conspired to steal them...since she is not protected by spousal immunities. A Sphynx cat usually runs around $1000, and there were two. It could possibly escalate to a state jail felony:

State jail felony: 180 days to 2 years; up to $10,000 fine Examples: Theft of property valued at $1,500 or more, but less than $20,000; credit card or debit card abuse, etc.

Even if you do not pursue it, the State has the option to do so (it's a business, they like money). So, be sure what you want, if you do walk that path. In my opinion, he deserves it, and it sure would make him think twice. Consequently, lets say if you were to bring them home and if he were to abuse or even take the life of a pet, a similar charge of State Felony of the 3rd degree would be issued with up to 2 yrs jail and a min 10,000 fine. And he would NOT have any kind of immunity, spousal or otherwise, for that.

I'm not saying that he would do such a thing, but I don't know him and I thought that the information would be helpful. You do have options, and you're never alone.

Last edited:

susi794

Staff member
I know first hand about crazy men...mean, controlling, disrespectful, scary violent men. Please opt for sanity. I stayed with mine way longer than I should've. I thought I couldn't make it alone. I could and I did. It was scary, lonely, with just enough money to barely get by...but it was SANE. Please get rid of him somehow. Kick his ass to the curb! Change your locks! Get a restraining order! If he will do that to you with the cats, there is no love there. And you should be afraid.

Brandi

Lairian
I found these cats on posted on craigslist. best of
This is Waffles and Pip. They are Don Sphynx (Russian Hairless). Waffles is a 3 yr. old female and Pip is a 1 yr. female. I rescued them from a couple going through a nasty divorce. They are UTD on their shots and will be spayed before going to their new home. They are mother and daughter and I'd prefer they stay together. These ladies are high maintenance requiring a raw diet and weekly baths. They were imported from Germany and are registered. They were purchased for $2500.00 each but I'm asking $2000.00 for the pair. I will very picky on who adopts them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back