Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Saphira - A little bit Russian, a little bit Canadian (Don Sphynx and Canadian Sphynx mix)

CookieCountess

Lairian
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hello,
I'm Safira (Safi), my mum is a rubber bald Donskoy, but my dad is a Canadian sphynx. I really don't know what I am since there aren't a lot of cats like me. I look more like a Don, I have almond shaped eyes, and a tiny amount of fur which I guess will fall off. I look like other Donskoy kittens I saw on the web. My mom and dad had 3 more litters before me. All of my siblings are healthy, some have more hair than others but since none of my siblings is really a lot older I do not know will it fall off. One of my brothers had really long hair on his legs, but he lost almost all of it.

I would be really happy if somebody could help me figure out what will happend to me (in terms of my coat, personality ect.). :)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
OMG Safira is a cutie. I am looking forward to seeing her grow up. As far as hair goes, we see some grow more at different times of the year and then lose it, so we never really can guess...lol. Here is a thread you might enjoy.

My sphynx cat is hairy and fuzzy! Why?

Patti

Last edited:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair for you and Safira. Safira is beyond adorable! I don't know what will happen with her fur-no fur. But I do know she will be a cute little girl, at some times a little devil and at some times a spoiled princess. But just at the moment she drives you crazy she turns into an adorable little angel again:).

CookieCountess

Lairian
Welcome to sphynxlair for you and Safira. Safira is beyond adorable! I don't know what will happen with her fur-no fur. But I do know she will be a cute little girl, at some times a little devil and at some times a spoiled princess. But just at the moment she drives you crazy she turns into an adorable little angel again:).
Thank you :)
I think that's a good guess ;)
Altough I think even when she'll be acting like a spoiled princess, she'll look a bit like a devil because of those almond eyes and black coat haha

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@CookieCountess hello and welcome. Safira is absolutely adorable. Nobody will be able to predict exactly what her coat will look like in the future. You will love that cutie pie regardless.

Please continue to share her photos so we can all melt. :) Enjoy her, they grow up too fast.

CookieCountess

Lairian
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
@CookieCountess hello and welcome. Safira is absolutely adorable. Nobody will be able to predict exactly what her coat will look like in the future. You will love that cutie pie regardless.

Please continue to share her photos so we can all melt. :) Enjoy her, they grow up too fast.
Ahh that is the beauty of hairless breeds haha, and I love her already :love:

I will :), aghhh I wish she could stay this tiny forever :LOL:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 62

Yoda mom

Staff member
@CookieCountess , welcoming you, Safira , and your pup to the lair family!
Safira is stunningly gorgeous! Looking forward to your journey with us!
Jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch -
Btw, is that a yorkie? Name?
So cute together besties :)

CookieCountess

Lairian
@CookieCountess , welcoming you, Safira , and your pup to the lair family!
Safira is stunningly gorgeous! Looking forward to your journey with us!
Jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch -
Btw, is that a yorkie? Name?
So cute together besties :)

Thank you ☺️
Yes he is a yorkie, his name is Benny. At first he was so afraid of her, he didn't even want to be in the same room with her. That was werid because he gets along just fine with my brothers cat, but now they're great friends

Izidora

Lairian
@CookieCountess Hello Safira :) I am pretty sure we got our cats from the same breeder. Contact me if you want to, I would like to know how is your kitty. Hugs.:happy:

Last edited by a moderator:

SarahsRedmon

Lairian
View attachment 69163 View attachment 69162 Hello,
I'm Safira (Safi), my mum is a rubber bald Donskoy, but my dad is a Canadian sphynx. I really don't know what I am since there aren't a lot of cats like me. I look more like a Don, I have almond shaped eyes, and a tiny amount of fur which I guess will fall off. I look like other Donskoy kittens I saw on the web. My mom and dad had 3 more litters before me. All of my siblings are healthy, some have more hair than others but since none of my siblings is really a lot older I do not know will it fall off. One of my brothers had really long hair on his legs, but he lost almost all of it.

I would be really happy if somebody could help me figure out what will happend to me (in terms of my coat, personality ect.). :)

OMG so cute

celsei

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Since as you mentioned Donskoy genes are dominant I'm assuming the little princess is going to grow up to look like a Donskoy, I love the little velevet covering she has and it might help avoid some of the health issues sphynxes have/keep her warmer however I haven't seen many adult Donskoys with much covering, they tend to be quite bald even more so than Canadians. I have 3 Donskoys myself, one for sure is a Peterbald mix but he mostly just looks like a normal Donskoy anyway, a bit longer/more slim and elegant looking maybe and has big bat ears, he's the black boy. My pink adult boy does grow a lighter cover of fuzz and shed it and get naked depending on the season. I have another one that has a verry short velour cover, he's just grown to full size and has always had it so far. Another boy who's 6 months old has furry paws and some fuzz on his face, also doesn't seem like he's going to shed it. One thing I noticed is I think my black boy and tabby got lighter colored as they grew, if she's going to shed she'll especially look lighter cause skin doesn't get quite as dark as black fur.

Last edited:
Back