Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sashimi!!

Wombat1017

Lairian
So we finally picked up our kitten yesterday. I think we’re going to name her sashimi. She’s 5 months but she has this scab the breeder told us was from her father, he was kinda aggressive towards all the other cats in the house they all had marks on them. He bit her and this is the scab. But does this actually look like a bite? I haven’t ever been bit by a cat before so just wondering. She also sneezes and coughs sometimes but we have a lot of other animals in our house so I’m assuming it’s from that. Anyway, she’s the sweetest girl ever and I’m sooo glad we got her. She loves to make biscuits and cuddles all day.

IMG_8361.jpg
eec23b1ab42522904e7402e2b76221f4.jpg
cd5f05ccce6124da90a17ca40f68ef1f.jpg

Yoda mom

Staff member
Happy gotcha! Absolutely adorable!
Always best for a wellness check - ask about bringing a fresh poo sample too.

Your contract may specify a wellness vet check within me a certain number of days *

A wellness check is good to establish a baseline and for vet to give a good exam , listen to heart lungs , skin Check . Some vets not familar with Sphynx may think Sphynx ear gunk is mites . they have no ear hair so ears get dirtier quicker FYI . :)We have seen members mention this with new kitties during vet visits so just FYI :)

** I have my vet mark chart notes in big letters " NO Ketamine **
Amd remind during spay or any other scheduled procedures

Many of us keep on hand vetericyn spray - I like that it is non toxic .

For peace of mind I would do a wellness check. Sneezing and coughing could be a URI
Easily treated when caught early .
I would have vet take a look at the skin too - if it is a bite, you want your vet to make sure it's okay - puncture wounds can be different to heal.

Your baby is precious ! Love the name ! Is it sticking ? :)

Head smooches sent

Last edited:

Wombat1017

Lairian
We're taking her to the vet next Friday so we'll know soon. But the sneezing isn't really worrying me at all. But I still definitely want to get it checked out. The other thing I was thinking it could be as well is I live in LA and we have/had this huge fire going on and the ashes have been bothering everyone so I'm sure its from that. Or it could be that we have 3 dogs, 5 snakes, a chameleon, and a pet rat so theres alot of pet dander everywhere LOL. Funny thing actually I saw someone on here talk about the vetericyn and we already have it so I'm going to be using that.

Yes! I think were going to keep the name for now! She's beautiful and sooo tiny (healthy tiny) we went to the breeders hose and her parents are sooo small! Her dad is literally 7 pounds! The breeder was feeding her homemade raw food and Instinct kitten formula kibble (does anyone have any experience with this?) so we got the kibble and some samples of small batch frozen sliders. My dogs are already on a store bought raw diet so its not too much to us.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Wombat1017 Prayers to you and yours with all the fires going on in California

Love her name and look forward to lots of pics and tales!
Hope to see pics of your other babies :) all paws feathers , scales etc are lair family :)
Positive vibes sent !

Keep us updated often

Here is a link to raw feeding with several members great information shared
Sphynx Cats & Raw Diet

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awe she is as cute as a button ! So precious !
The sore may need some attention as if daddy did bite her , he could have germs on his teeth (( naughty naughty daddy !! He blinking needs time out thats child abuse biting his ickle kitty !! Naughty step and no supper for him if he was in my house ! ))
Joking aside for your peace of mind just let your vet check her over
Oh you have your very own zoo going on ! My daughter kept snakes she had 4 at one time , and we had a chameleon but the poor thing became egg bound and sadly died ..
I do hope that all your family and friends are safe , our prays are with you all
Xxx

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Shashimi is such a cute baby. I'm sure that her wounds will heal soon. Vetericyn spray should make a huge difference! Your vet will be able to help make sure there's no infection either. I would also make sure that your baby doesn't have an URI with the coughing and sneezing. That can be very common with sphynx. L-lysine supplements are great for helping with immune system issues and lots of users here use this product.

lysine - Cat - Free shipping | Chewy

Back