Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Saved this sweetheart from a horrible breeder

Pd3383

Lairian
I met a young couple on Thursday last week to rehome a CFA registered 2 yr old female. When I got there I was literally shocked to see this sweet girl nearly starved to death. I decided that I had to take her home and try to help her, so I paid the pos breeder and left. Immediately I pulled over and called the breeder asking if she was sick because she's soo thin and ears were like black holes oozing with wax. She said no, the other cats didnt let her eat and she just needs love. I took peanut (I named her that) to the vet in the am and did testing for disease and got her on antibiotics. She actually has nothing wrong with her, eats better than any of my other cats in fact. The breeders just didnt bother to care for her. I'm so happy to say that within just 4 days this girl has FLOURISHED. The before and after pics blow my mind. Animal services are working to shut her down. Just wanted to share this sweet lady's recovery story with you

Attachments

• 20190815_214553.jpg
    20190815_214553.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 20190814_174503.jpg
    20190814_174503.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 20190815_214643.jpg
    20190815_214643.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 20190819_174348.jpg
    20190819_174348.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 20190819_174129.jpg
    20190819_174129.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 20190817_093125.jpg
    20190817_093125.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 85

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Pd3383 There's something fundamentally wrong with people that can treat animals like that! If you can't empathize with animals, you have no empathy at all.

So pleased you found her and took her in, and good that animal services are involved! She's looking healthier already, bless her!

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
People like that make my blood boil! I can’t imagine being so negligent & heartless to keep cats in that state while simultaneously exploiting them to make money. Greedy, heartless, & horrifying.

This pretty girl was undoubtedly on her last legs before you intervened. You should send this story & photos to Bad Catteries Around the World on FB & show the truth about this breeder. The faster she is shut down, the better!!

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so glad you found little Peanut and that she's flourishing under your care. I hope the unscrupulous breeder gets shut down. There is absolutely no excuse for letting an animal get in that condition. Please keep us updated with her progress.

CathyO

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
You are a kind soul and she is very blessed to have found you at just the right time. I wish there is a way we can all either save or report these unscrupulous breeders. I went on craigslist just for fun and I am horrified to find a great majority in my area selling sphynxes 2mo and under. One was even selling the poor cats at just 2 weeks....*shakes head*

cleozmama

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I met a young couple on Thursday last week to rehome a CFA registered 2 yr old female. When I got there I was literally shocked to see this sweet girl nearly starved to death. I decided that I had to take her home and try to help her, so I paid the pos breeder and left. Immediately I pulled over and called the breeder asking if she was sick because she's soo thin and ears were like black holes oozing with wax. She said no, the other cats didnt let her eat and she just needs love. I took peanut (I named her that) to the vet in the am and did testing for disease and got her on antibiotics. She actually has nothing wrong with her, eats better than any of my other cats in fact. The breeders just didnt bother to care for her. I'm so happy to say that within just 4 days this girl has FLOURISHED. The before and after pics blow my mind. Animal services are working to shut her down. Just wanted to share this sweet lady's recovery story with you

People like that make me physically ill. No morals, no ethics, and absolutely no compassion! Thank you for rescuing little Peanut! May I ask in what state the breeder resides?

Cleozmama

Lynn W

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thank you for saving poor little Peanut. I cried when I saw her first picture..she looks so much better now that she is with you! Bless your kind heart!

Pd3383

Lairian
I'm so glad you found little Peanut and that she's flourishing under your care. I hope the unscrupulous breeder gets shut down. There is absolutely no excuse for letting an animal get in that condition. Please keep us updated with her progress.
I seriously couldn't believe her excuse. She eats more than any of my other cats. I put her in a separate room to feed her for the first couple days just in case my cats wouldn't let her. But they all let her eat first, no issues. I just don't understand how someone could use that as a valid reason to starve a sweet EXPENSIVE animal none the less. Ty

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Pd3383 , thank you for keeping us updated on Peanut.
hope you can share pics your other kitties too! all are lair family

positive vibes for little Peanut

Back