Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Say hi the Lilith and Phaedra!

MissRutabaga

Lairian
Hi! I wanted to introduce myself and our two new family members!

Lilith and Phaedra came to us from California from a breeder who needed to rehome these lovely adults. Phaedra had a complication with her pregnancy requiring an emergency c-section of stillborn babies, and Lilith's father passed away suddenly from HCM, so she was no longer a candidate for breeding. This breeder mainly breeds and shows American curls, and decided to focus solely on curls and so these sweeties found their way to us!

We have never had sphynxes before, and these two are the sweetest, most people-oriented cats I've ever had! They have absolutely no sense of personal space, walking all over our faces and licking our chins. I love them so much! They need to lose a pound or two-- they came to us pretty hefty, so working on that. ;)

We're slowly introducing them to our resident furry cats, Freya and Juno. This is going.. somewhat rockily as I posted about in another section, but I have high hopes!

Here's some photos of all the cats-- Phaedra is the calico, Lilith is the white and gray, Petra is the Greyhound, Freya is the smoke tabby, and Juno is the gray furry! The human is my husband :) Sorry for their dirty ears-- we've been cleaning them constantly and they keep getting so dirty! Am thinking of having the vet test the wax, ugh.

Looking forward to hanging out with you all!
Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 12.42.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 12.42.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 12.42.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 12.41.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 12.46.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 12.46.23 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 12.46.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 12.46.10 PM.png
    465.8 KB · Views: 24

Lynn W

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@MissRutabaga you have a beautiful family! Your new girls are so sweet looking!! What do your furry kitties think of the "new Girls"? Welcome to the Sphynxlair, and hope to see more darling pictures of your family.:)

MissRutabaga

Lairian
@MissRutabaga you have a beautiful family! Your new girls are so sweet looking!! What do your furry kitties think of the "new Girls"? Welcome to the Sphynxlair, and hope to see more darling pictures of your family.:)
@Lynn W Thank you! The furry ones are wary but one of the new girls is being an absolute monster!! Working on it, lol. They all seem to get along fine with the dog, at least!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MissRutabaga official welcome to the lair family! Happy Lilith amd Phaedra Gotchas! Sooo adorable!
Looking forward to your journey with us with lots of pics and tales!
Feel free to ask any questions - we all learn and grow together here in this fun friendly bunch :)

Freya , Juno , and Petra are precious! Thanks do much for sharing pics of your beautiful nakids and furkids! Head smooches to all!

Keep us updated on his the intros are going! Patti gave great advice sbout lots of high places in Multipled households - I got a tall cat tree with a small 24inch base and they love it
(Kitty mansions redwood cat tree - I Do not use the vines it came with )
Several of us found they love the smart car climber - it attaches easily over a door and several members recemtly shared that the mounted to the wall .

You will find these amazing sphnyx to be like monkey cst dog all in one -
They are Velcro kitties and always always busy buddies !
They are notorious for eating things! So kitty proof for life - even cst toys - like the Dabird a favorite I use for introductions but lock away in a closet when not in use or they munch on the string !

Dabird toy is great for distractions when working on intros - I got two dabird toys and played simutaneously when we built up to intros in a neutral turf area like the living room .
Kept my wild child less focused on the resident kitty :)

Lots of positive vibes and head smooches to all paws !

Welcome !
Be sure to check out the info center for lots of great threads on Sphynx life
Don't worry too much about spa day while you are working on intros
I wouldn't worry too much sbout getting ears super clean right now - sphnyx do tend to get dirtier ears quicker bcz they have no ear fur - vets not familiar with the breed sometimes think Sphynx ear gunk is mites -
I usually wait about two weeks before full spa days tik they settle in a bit .

So glad you joined us!

Here is a great link
Sphynx Cat Help Center

There is a search box on the top right of the home page too :)

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the greatest place to be! All your babies are so beautiful. Hope you share your adventures with all of us!

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi! I wanted to introduce myself and our two new family members!

Lilith and Phaedra came to us from California from a breeder who needed to rehome these lovely adults. Phaedra had a complication with her pregnancy requiring an emergency c-section of stillborn babies, and Lilith's father passed away suddenly from HCM, so she was no longer a candidate for breeding. This breeder mainly breeds and shows American curls, and decided to focus solely on curls and so these sweeties found their way to us!

We have never had sphynxes before, and these two are the sweetest, most people-oriented cats I've ever had! They have absolutely no sense of personal space, walking all over our faces and licking our chins. I love them so much! They need to lose a pound or two-- they came to us pretty hefty, so working on that. ;)

We're slowly introducing them to our resident furry cats, Freya and Juno. This is going.. somewhat rockily as I posted about in another section, but I have high hopes!

Here's some photos of all the cats-- Phaedra is the calico, Lilith is the white and gray, Petra is the Greyhound, Freya is the smoke tabby, and Juno is the gray furry! The human is my husband :) Sorry for their dirty ears-- we've been cleaning them constantly and they keep getting so dirty! Am thinking of having the vet test the wax, ugh.

Looking forward to hanging out with you all!View attachment 88931View attachment 88932View attachment 88933View attachment 88934View attachment 88936View attachment 88937
Hello there and a massive welcome to you and your family !!
They are all just so lovely !!
It’s awesome to be owned by a sphynx a totally different relationship to any other four legged baby you ever had , but the rewards are by far the best ever !
I cannot wait for up date pictures and just fun pictures of all your little ones keep um a coming !!
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Back