Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

Scabs/maybe skin infection??

my sweet pickles I was looking at her skin and it looked as if she had scraped it. Today I’m looking and I notice there’s a small round scan behind her ear and then a brownish looking scab on her back? Has anyone dealt with this before or know a solution? I’m a little hesitant on a vet because I’m very strapped for cash right now. Will include a pic thank you guys!!!

Attachments

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
It looks like they rubbed on something to me. We see them often on the area behind the ear, and neck where they rub on things. The one on the back perhaps they were scooting under a piece of furniture and scraped their back. They should disappear quickly. I’d just keep an eye on it unless more pop up.

I also highly recommend having this in hand. You can buy in many pet supply stores and of course on Amazon. It is great for all kinds of skin issues.

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Like Catzzzmeow said it juat looks like she got scratched. It looks minor and will probably resolve in it's own. I wouldn't worry yourself about it. It would be like if we got scraped up and we just have to let it scab and heal up.

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I agree with the other. With our sphynxes we see every tiny scratch on their naked skin and that makes us all alert. Vetericyn spray can help heal!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Haley Newsome , mine get these too behind the ears area and neck area
I like the vetericyn spray ( I purchase online for a better price)

For spot cleaning I take a teenie drop of Hylyt shampoo in a large pitcher of water with baby face clothes to clean dab on skin

How is Pickles today ?

It looks like they rubbed on something to me. We see them often on the area behind the ear, and neck where they rub on things. The one on the back perhaps they were scooting under a piece of furniture and scraped their back. They should disappear quickly. I’d just keep an eye on it unless more pop up.

I also highly recommend having this in hand. You can buy in many pet supply stores and of course on Amazon. It is great for all kinds of skin issues.
Perfect will definitely give this a try. It does look like it has cleared up today but I will give this a try. Thanks :)

@Haley Newsome , mine get these too behind the ears area and neck area
I like the vetericyn spray ( I purchase online for a better price)

For spot cleaning I take a teenie drop of Hylyt shampoo in a large pitcher of water with baby face clothes to clean dab on skin

How is Pickles today ?
She looks almost healed!! Definitely looks better today I just get worried about her!!! Thanks for asking :)