Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Scam or Not ?

Donellajo

Lairian
Hello there . I was scammed in ny search . Got some of my money back but still ended in a $2000 loss . I have been searching here and there . A few breeders near me either are not what I’m looking for or are scams or sick cats . I did find one person who is in Oklahoma. But I’m not sure if they are real or a scam . I can PM the cattery name to share if you have known if they are scammers

Last edited by a moderator:

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This might get modified or taken down, as we aren't allowed to post specific breeder names here on the sphynxlair. However, when I look at the website, I noticed at the very bottom of the page "Here at ____, we feed royal canin" However, that doesn't match the name of the catteries website. So perhaps they've stolen content from another breeder, and is using it as their own.

Donellajo

Lairian
Alrighty sorry to break rules . I seen on site where they are associated with TICA . I also contacted them . I hopefully I will be able to find out if it’s a scam .

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I also had sent a message to the TICA before asking if they could identify if a cattery was actually a member of the TICA, but I never heard a response. However, I searched on the TICA website for you, and it shows that the cattery name is not registered. To me, I would say that its a scam. Have you tried calling the number and speaking directly with the breeder?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Donellajo and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! TICA or CFA registered catteries do not necessarily mean they are legit or reputable breeders, word of mouth is best or first hand experience, but before making those decisions, read the link @Yoda mom sent you one post up as well as this one - What to expect from a responsible sphynx breeder. We also have a FB group that may give you more resources as well. https://www.facebook.com/groups/sphynxlair/. Good luck and please enjoy the community! :)

Sylvia

Lairian
Hello there . I was scammed in ny search . Got some of my money back but still ended in a $2000 loss . I have been searching here and there . A few breeders near me either are not what I’m looking for or are scams or sick cats . I did find one person who is in Oklahoma. But I’m not sure if they are real or a scam . I can PM the cattery name to share if you have known if they are scammers
I'm so sorry ,I almost got scam too make sure you visit the cat first don't pay no money on the websites they copy peoples pics of Sphynx cats. Tell them I would like to see the cat first watch them change their tone.

TatyanaMassey

Lairian
As far as an easy way to tell if someone has stolen photos offline from another breeder or cattery, whether on a website or add, a good thing to do is learn how to reverse image search the photos on google. That helped me alot when detecting fraudulent adds. Good luck!

Back