Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Scarring on skin

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Does anyone know how long are scarring lasts for on sphynx skin I was wondering if where the biopsies were taken if that will stop being white I feel so sad every time I look at it and am reminded on how delicate she is.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know how long are scarring lasts for on sphynx skin I was wondering if where the biopsies were taken if that will stop being white I feel so sad every time I look at it and am reminded on how delicate she is.

It varies depending on where the biopsy was performed. All biopsies cause some sort of tissue scarring. Initially, the scar will be pink and then fade to white or even a brownish color which is normal. However, Scars will fade gradually - approximately 2 years or so will show the true color of the biopsy scar area.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

First thing to do is keep the scar away from the sun. That will make any scar brownish.
Find out from your vet if any of those products used to lessen scars on humans would be safe for your sphynx. Such as Bio Oil, Mederma or even vitamin E.

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Cos she can't use products time will hopefully heal but good to know thank you does the pigment return hers are white from the biopsy but she had black scars from the lumps which have faded

Back