Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Scary Skinny

Carrieann

Lairian
My sweet Laila is 10 months old and is now down to 5 lbs. She was sick a view weeks ago and wouldn't eat after she threw up (after getting into our pups food),took her to the vet, she was on the mend and started eating again then just stopped. So we took her to the vet again we did every test they suggested blood tests, urine test, and x-rays. Every test came back normal except the xray said she had and I quote the dr she has to fart and explosive diarrhea along with food allergies. I can't get her to eat any help would be appreciated

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Carrieann Awh ... Positive vibes sent

Is she drinking water .staying hydrated ?
Did the vet recommend nutrical supplement ?
a stool sample check ? For giardia , tritrichomonas?
Tagging @Catzzzmeow @susi794

Perhaps another vet for a second opinion

Prayers for Laila you get a diagnosis amd treatment plan

Following closely

Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I’d get a second opinion if you feel their prognosis did not feel right with you. Did they give subcutaneous fluids, or give a prescription to settle her tummy?

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Carrieann Whoever is giving you advice needs to see the results of the blood test, xrays, etc. Find another vet and take them a copy of the results.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carrieann

Lairian
So sorry I haven't updated sooner...our Laila is eating again...right it's smaller portions than she did before but it's a great start. She's also taking in weight gain gel. It seems our little diva likes when I sit right beside her and encourage her to eat so each meal that's what I have been doing. I am now giving her 4 small meals instead of the 2 and also stopped kibble. Once I get her back to herself I will be reintroducing raw food. She's still week but I see her feisty side again. Thank you everyone.

Anna W

Lairian
So sorry I haven't updated sooner...our Laila is eating again...right it's smaller portions than she did before but it's a great start. She's also taking in weight gain gel. It seems our little diva likes when I sit right beside her and encourage her to eat so each meal that's what I have been doing. I am now giving her 4 small meals instead of the 2 and also stopped kibble. Once I get her back to herself I will be reintroducing raw food. She's still week but I see her feisty side again. Thank you everyone.
Mine seemed to need that one on one encouragement to eat when my boy went through a recent illness. Also the medicine Cerenia for neausea seemed to help. Best of luck to you!

Back