Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

sphynkles

Lairian
:cry::(So, Kilo enjoys walking on a leash, but today, on the way back from our walk, he stopped and started licking his paws! I picked him up and looked at his lil feetsies, only to find that he had somehow scraped his toes on all four paws!! :arghh::(:confused: I took him inside and washed his paws off. I put him down on the floor, and he started to vigorously lick his paws. Not only this, but when he stood up, he couldnt walk at first, and when he did, he was limping! :cry::arghh::eek:. So i picked him up and made sure all the dirt was out of the wounds. Then i started to freak out because... what if it got infected?! If he went to the litterbox and poo or litter got in it, we’d have to take him to the vet, which around here = $$$!! :mad:. At this point i was mentally unstable because now im like: what if- what if- what if-... so i look on google for help. Of course the results were all about positively horrific desieses cats can get from infected wounds, so i descided i would think for myself. I sat down and looked through my first aid kit. I found some medical tape and gauze. I grabbed four socks from my brother’s drawer that had no pairs, and i put Kilo on his bed. Kilo Meowed like a crying baby!:bigtears:! I guess the fluffyness went in his cut and it hurt! So i found the laundry basket and made a big comfy bed out of it by putting a pillow on the bottom and a blanket over the whole thing. I put my poor baby on the “bed” and then pulled out the gauze. I wrapped all four of his paws in gauze and then put a sock on each footsie. I made sure the socks wont fall off by wrapping them in medical tape. He HATED it at first, and jumped onto the floor, trying to back out of the socks, and the trying and failing to walk. It was the most pitiful thing i have ever seen in my life!:bigtears:! He gave up and jumped up on the bed, almost falling off because his claws were covered up. I watched him walk to his bed, sniff it and then walk over to the laundry basket. He liked the laundry basket better?! :confused:?! And he half climbed half fell into his bed. Poor guy.. hes sleeping in the basket right now. I am going to have to be an assistant for him, because he cant walk. Ill have to take him to pee, and to eat.. ): heres pics of the poor guy. Hes tired and stressed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 72

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Wow...what was your baby walking on that would injure their paw pads? Be careful that the tape is not too tight and cuts circulation that causes even bigger issues. These guys heal very fast so try not to worry. I recommend The following...it is non-toxic and great for rashes, burns scrapes etc.
60ccc32105905617731db3e51912f250.jpg

Patti

sphynkles

Lairian
Wow...what was your baby walking on that would injure their paw pads? Be careful that the tape is not too tight and cuts circulation that causes even bigger issues. These guys heal very fast so try not to worry. I recommend The following...it is non-toxic and great for rashes, burns scrapes etc.
60ccc32105905617731db3e51912f250.jpg

Patti
I dont know! Maybe he stepped on some pebbles or something? :\ thanks for the advice

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Ouch! Sorry to hear Kilo has his paw scratched. Sending healing vibes to him. He has a awesome mommy that takes such good care of him so I’m sure he feel better soon. Hugs for you.

Natasja

Joanne

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Bella jumped up onto my cooktop that was turned on. She burnt her paw pads. Vet recommended the blue solution shown above. Healed quickly, she was able to walk. Hopefully your baby feels better soon.

Sheldon13

Staff member
I wouldn’t keep those socks on. Too many other issues can come from that. I would just clean with soap and water about 3-4 times daily and keep his litter clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
I agree with going sock less to let air get to it along with washing it several times a day and gently pat dry ..
I would call the vet and show a picture and follow their treatment suggestions

Healing vibes!

Back