Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Searching around the northeast!

Lukassmile

Lairian
Hi all! I’m a longtime lurker of the lair located in New York. I’ve been thinking about adopting a Sphynx for a good 3 years, but seriously looking since last year.

I’ve sent my feelers out to a number of breeders I’ve found through various sources around the internet, but so far no luck.

Does anyone have and suggestions on getting a breeders attention, is it horrible to call them over and over?? lol I’m kidding kind of ; )

Ps: I love this site so much, you are all so nice and supportive to one another! Hopefully soon I will be able to contribute my own experiences

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If a breeder is aloof than you don't really want to deal with them anyway.
You want to be able to count of open communication and full disclosure from the person bringing your new baby into the world.

There are other member in your area I'm sure some of them can PM you with breeders that would be willing to help you!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Lukassmile soo happy you decided to jump Out of lurking !
Look forward to you being an active member in this fun friendly bunch!
All paws crossed the sphynx stars align

Don’t be shy jump in amd post with us ! We have cool fun games too

Tagging @Catzzzmeow for breeder info

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I agree with @MelissaAlice . I’ve found that good breeders are responsive and will give you an idea about their planned litters, wait list, allow you to visit them to see their cats.

Lukassmile

Lairian
Update!
So I was on craigslist because it’s really tempting and from time to time, and I stumbled across an adoption for a Sphynx Persian mix.
He stole my heart! He has a lot of the characteristics of a Sphynx but with a weird wirehair greyish white pattern.... looks similar to a lykoi but not for sure.

U can see all his little wrinkles through his coat. He also has the long neck and long toes like a Sphynx.

The only thing is he is only 5 weeks old which is TINY but I think it will be okay in the long run I’m going to take him to the vet on Monday to get him all checked out!

Thanks for all the wishes! I found a unique weirdo! And when I have a better relationship and knowledge of the breeders around I’ll get a full Sphynx for a companion!

Lukassmile

Lairian

Attachments

• 6F764975-3F0C-418E-A593-975A676383B9.jpeg
    6F764975-3F0C-418E-A593-975A676383B9.jpeg
    273.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 3C917C89-317B-48F8-8A59-822F521DD649.jpeg
    3C917C89-317B-48F8-8A59-822F521DD649.jpeg
    209.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 6F502547-2786-445C-9727-172D92338C95.jpeg
    6F502547-2786-445C-9727-172D92338C95.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 29

Sheldon13

Staff member
So sweet! What is his fur like? I can’t really tell from the picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lukassmile

Lairian
So sweet! What is his fur like? I can’t really tell from the picture.

Yes I know it’s so hard to capture his hair! You can see through it on the legs and head! His body has slightly more coverage! In between his hears and on his neck you can see all the little wrinkles. But he’s also has lots of stripage in his pattern.
He’s an odd ball that’s for sure!
He hasn’t shed at all since I’ve gotten him and his hairs are soft! But he’s also just a little guy! Can’t really find any other examples of this mix online so it’s hard to tell how he will grow up!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Yes I know it’s so hard to capture his hair! You can see through it on the legs and head! His body has slightly more coverage! In between his hears and on his neck you can see all the little wrinkles. But he’s also has lots of stripage in his pattern.
He’s an odd ball that’s for sure!
He hasn’t shed at all since I’ve gotten him and his hairs are soft! But he’s also just a little guy! Can’t really find any other examples of this mix online so it’s hard to tell how he will grow up!

It will be an interesting adventure, for sure.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Lukassmile ahhh! Happy Gotcha ! He is so stinkin adorable ! A wee young but no doubt will thrive with all your love and care
I can see how he stole your heart ! Look forward to your journey with us eoth lots of pics amd tales!
Did you post an official gotcha intro thread yet? For all to see your handsome baby?

Be sure to have your vet mark his chart “No Ketamine” anesthesia as many of us do -
It can have a rebound effect on the heart if there is an undetected underlying heart issue
Many vets sue Isoflurane amd propofol instead of Ketamine

Welcome Home sweet baby
Your world is no doubt filled eoth sooo much love amd cuddles

Keep us updated Om the vet visit
I always routinely ask the vet to take a good listen to the heart
Many being a poo sample to check for any parasites
Not sure for his age if he has been started dewormer ? Ask your vet about dewormer protocol
Also it is suggested not to give a feline leukemia or FIP vaccine
(It often voids a breeder sphynx contract so wanted to share )

Soooo excited for you amd for us ! To see this baby boy grow up woth the lair family

Following for updates !

If you have an IG for him be sure to add it to our official IG thread too

We just gotta kmow his name! :)

Lukassmile

Lairian
Thank you all so much for the replies! And that’s amazing advice for the vet visit! I’m definitely going to keep that in a phone note! From what I understand he has had his first round of shots and next week I’ll be taking him in for his next round.

I didn’t do a gotcha post cause he’s not a full sphynx I didn’t want to cloud up the area! But I will make a post now if u insist!;)

Back