Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Searching for love in NC

fajohn

Lairian
Hello everyone!

I found this board while researching the sphynx, as I have had my heart set on one for years. . My partner and I have a 7 year old daughter and a 2 year old son.
About a year ago we took in a stray cat, and assisted my younger brother in taking care of a kitten. Unfortunately, since the kitten moved in with him our girl has been on her own and clearly not as happy as she was pre kitten removal.
My family and I are hoping that we might find a sphynx here someday that needs a new loving home, and that our Gidget will be happy to have a playmate again.

Thank you for your time!

Yoda mom

Staff member
Welcome :)
All paws crossed the Sphynx stars align

Be sure to read the reputable breeder thread and fraud thread in the help center

There are lots of great threads to prep for Sphynx life
Jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch

Keep us updated :)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to Sphynxlair. Hoping you enjoy the journey to finding the perfect addition to your family.

fajohn

Lairian
Thank you for the welcome :)
I have been reading up on the boards, and we are keeping our fingers crossed that this works.
These boards seem to be an invaluable resource, so I'm really glad I stumbled upon this site!

Yoda mom

Staff member
So happy you joined us! Jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch !
Continued positive vibes the Sphynx stars align :)
Stay active as they get posted and get forever homes quickly

Ps all paws are lair family
Do you have a pic of Gidget ?

fajohn

Lairian
Of course! :)
Gidget has been such a wonderful member of our family. Although her independent nature is part of the reason why we're searching for a sphynx in particular. She's a playful girl, and super friendly. We're hoping that we can find a sphynx to be the ying to her yang. A four legged baby who might be a little more...co-dependent I suppose you could say. I would love kitty snuggles, but Gidget isn't really about that life.

Attachments

• 28F1A413-95A7-4AD4-8F15-D1E92614EA73.jpeg
    28F1A413-95A7-4AD4-8F15-D1E92614EA73.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 37

Yoda mom

Staff member
@fajohn Gidget is gorgeous! Love her whiskers! Head smooches sent and positive vibes comtinue the Sphynx stars align

Does Gidget have any spots on her belly ? She has that Bengal cat look
Keep active and check often
Several of us have adopted from members

fajohn

Lairian
Thank you JSal!
In all honesty, Gidget and our sphynx search are keeping me afloat right now thanks to S.A.D.
I'm thankful for all the kindness and well-wishes here.

fajohn

Lairian
Update everyone! I may have found myself a baby to love on! I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up too much, because I've already had one fall through and was heartbroken over it. Just keeping my fingers crossed that everything will work out, and we'll finally have ourselves an adopted sphynx girl soon ❤️

Sheldon13

Staff member
Let us know as soon as you know! We get anxious waiting to hear too. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
@fajohn positive vibes sent! All paws crossed ! Be sure to make sure all is legit amd ask lots of questions .. Go with your gut
Head smooches to Gidget !
Keep us updated !

Sheldon13

Staff member
The woman decided against rehoming her. Can't be mad that someone else loves their own baby, so I'm just going to keep crossing my fingers and waiting. It is rough when you think you're close, but I know it will happen when it is right.

It will. The stars must align and the right one will find you.

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I always think it’s best when the original family can figure out a way to make things work. Sometimes, they end up getting wonderful advice and guidance when they attempt to rehome. I know it’s disappointing but you will find the right kitty.

Back