Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Searching near NJ/NY for cat....

Status
Not open for further replies.

annmarieee8

Lairian
I have been interested in getting a Sphynx for a few years now. However, my biggest problem has been finding one! I am horrified of any kind of scam site (which there are plenty of) and I also am having trouble finding any rescue sites as well. At this point, I decided to come to this site of Sphynx mommies and daddies to help me find a reputable adoption/rescue group or breeder near NJ/NY. It would be much appreciated, I really could use the help. Please message me if you know of anyone or any groups near me that would be able to link me to my very own Sphynx baby.

Thank you so much!!! :)

BusterTheCat

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I live in NY and was doing the same search two years ago. We ended up getting Dunkin from a breeder in Virginia but these are some breeders around the NY/NJ area that I had spoken to:

EDITED OUT, sent in message.

You want to look for a TICA registered cattery that scans for HCM and requires (or does before sending home) spay/neutering. Also ask for references from people who have used them who can recommend the breeder, or look to see if there are reviews on their website or social media pages. I can't personally speak for any of the ones I've listed as I haven't actually gotten a kitten from them but I have heard good things.

Adoption is wonderful as well. I sent a message about a rescue organization I have heard about, too!

Good luck!

Last edited:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@BusterTheCat ,
Can you please send the breeder recommendations/reply via PM to the member
Thanks !
We can't specifically mention breeder names directly in threads
Had to tweek the great reply a little bit

Yoda mom

Staff member
@BusterTheCat , no worries :)
I get excited to recommend in my area too and get fast fingers too
Thank you for helping members with recommendations in their search for the sphynx stars to align!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back