Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Second Naked

Adam

Lairian
Hey all!

So a couple months ago we adopted our first wonderful naked from here. Winnie is 6 years old and she immediately found her place in our home and now we can't imagine how we ever got by without our.

Me and my partner leave her alone for maybe a total 5 hours throughout the workday.
She is very laid back and spend most her time cuddling with us.

We want to get her a sibling but we aren't sure where to start. Should we get a kitte or an adult? Should we get a boy or girl?

Attachments

• 20190102_141306.jpg
    20190102_141306.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 20181228_232323.jpg
    20181228_232323.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 30

Sheldon13

Staff member
Omg she’s adorable! And you adopted from the lair?

I think the whole situation just depends on the cat’s social personality. She is the right age to have either a kitten or an adult. (Sometimes I think it’s best to avoid kittens if your cat is senior-it can stress them into grumpy cats)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I say it depends on the personality. Me and my hubby work long days so for us a minimum of two was the only way to go. Now we have three, but it's all new and we just have to wait and see how the trios dynamic will be. In my personal experience boys are boys and girls are so much easier, but then again, more than one girl could be stressful. Girls tend to have more drama.... :ROFLMAO:So now we have a girl and two boys, all kittens. I guess it's easier to introduce new cats to the household when they're still young. My previous cats was one kitten and one adopted adult girl, no problems there...Good luck and keep us posted!

Adam

Lairian
Yes, we adopted her from her a few months ago from here. She was actually supposed to come with a sister but family that took her could only take in one naked.

She is VERY laid back which makes us think a senior kitty it the way to go, but then she gets spout of craziness and bolts around the apartment at lighting speeds and we think that maybe a kitten could be good for her.

She is dramatic though and also commands us to do things. We can't even sleep past 9 she always comes in and out of the bedroom demanding we join her in the living room haha

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have one of those cats that makes demands!!
At least you get to sleep until 9; Elfie doesn't believe in sleeping past 6:30!!

Queen Elfie was 4 when I brought Toothless home as a 16wk old kitten. I wanted to get a kitten because Elfie was a little shy and I was hoping that a kitten would help bring her out of her shell (it worked a little too well, now she's pushy demanding and load

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hey all!

So a couple months ago we adopted our first wonderful naked from here. Winnie is 6 years old and she immediately found her place in our home and now we can't imagine how we ever got by without our.

Me and my partner leave her alone for maybe a total 5 hours throughout the workday.
She is very laid back and spend most her time cuddling with us.

We want to get her a sibling but we aren't sure where to start. Should we get a kitte or an adult? Should we get a boy or girl?
Haha yip sounds like another diva xxx

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Winnie is so adorable. Loving her daddies a lot I can see.
As the others said it depends on her personality. Does she like to play a lot? Cause a kitten will demand playtime:). Although you can help her by playing with the kitten of course. I have 3 sphynx, 1 is almost 5 and 2 are 4. I added a kitten and they loved it. They didn't play much before Foxy arrived. But Foxy did let them run!

A boy or a girl doesn't matter I think. My boys and girl get along really well.

Can't wait to see what you decide!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Chiming in a little later on, but from what I've read, Adam, a younger cat or kitten may be the way to go. An older one will look out for the younger, but also encourage play.

Oh, and Sphynx are like potato chips and tattoos... there is always room for one more! LOL

TatyanaMassey

Lairian
With my first two cats, I had Dylan first (a sphynx) and then about 6 months later adopted Miss P (a peterbald). They were the same age and both fixed so it worked out really well. Although he did become a little bit jealous and reclusive after she came home, but his personality wasnt as "chill" as hers if that makes since. Now we just have Franklin and Ive been thinking about finding him a little sister. Good luck, I know you will find the perfect fit!

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Adam So much good advice from people with far more experience than me, but this is something I've thought about too. My nakid is almost 13 months old, but as playful and active as ever! He demands I play with him in the evening after work, and he'd happily keep playing all night, but no way I can keep up :LOL::sleep: I guess, what I can add to this discussion is that you wouldn't have to get a baby - a 1 or 2 year old might provide that balance between crazy bouts of playfulness and chilled relaxing time that could suit Winnie's nature :)

We will definitely opt for rehoming an adult cat when the time comes (not sure what breed yet) as we can't handle another kitten - Butchie has finished us off in that respect haha!

Back