Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

second sphynx

ssummers

Lairian
I'm considering getting a second spyhnx. I have a 7 mo. old girl right now. How do I know if she would like/get along with another sphynx? Is it better to have same sex or opposite sex pairings? What else should I consider when getting a second cat?

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi I have 1 sphynx and 1 bengal. They get on very well for 2 such different breeds but one mistake I made is that sphynx cats eat a lot more than any other breed so sometimes its difficult making sure that my bengal isn't over eating because she tends to put weight on easier and just copies my sphynx eating all the time! I have one female and one male cat and they seemed to sort out who was boss pretty quick and settle into a routine. My sphynx was 7months old when I got the other cat too, I think the younger they are the better. Sphynx as a breed tend to get on well with other cats though so you should be fine and having 2 sphynx's will be great together! They say sometimes 2 boys can fight, so you should be ok with another girl or a boy sphynx. Good luck! Hope that wasn't a load of babble and made a bit of sense!!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have 6 girls and they are get along great.
2 are sphynx.
I just got my 2nd sphynx last month and all the cats accepted her except the first day except Cleo my other sphynx.
She hissed and growled for 2 weeks.
Now they are good friends.
Cleos favorite cats are Coco my 17.5 year old cat and Meeko my 9.5 year old cat.She always sleeps with tme.
My Russian Blue always wrestles with Cleo.
Cleo my sphynx is 1.2 and Wrinkles the new sphynx is almost 4 months.
Go ahead and get another sphynx.
Cleo gets rough with the new kitten when they play.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yep I think there was a bit of growling and hissing involved when I first bought Lola my bengal home! But it only lasted 2 or 3 days and they love each other now!

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Lola is 8months too! She is such a sweety! They are so fnny together coz they are so different! Mo is clingy to me and Lola wanders off doing her own thing. But she is usually up to no good!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Is your Bengal loud?
Ty was loud in the truck on the way to the show and at the show.
Cleo my sphynx was hissing and growling at him on the way to the show.
Then she acted bad at the show.
Ty did ot hiss or growl at all.
Do you ahve pics of them together?

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yep have a look at my albm on my profile there is some of them cuddling from a couple of months back! Lola shouts when I am feeding them but thats the only time really. She purrs a lot and makes cte little noises bt out of the two my sphynx is definately the loudest! He hissed at her a lot when I first bought her home but she didn't really do it back. I always make fun of her coz she is a bit of an air head in her own little world and she is very laid back for a bengal!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ssummers and welcome to our site! Can't wait to hear your sphynx stories!
As far as getting another go for it, we have A male and female but we bread them! I would say as long as they are fixed it does not matter if you get male or female it is when they are not that I found 2 males have trouble getting along.

Back