Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Secret Santas This Year?

susi794

Staff member
Hey Admin and Ilovemysphynx,
Are we going to do Secret Santas this year? If so, can we get it going and draw the names pretty soon? Christmas shopping for me starts pretty quick--although I have been buying things since last year here and there...but would like to start thinking of that personalized stuff, for some special little meower and his/her mommy.
I can't wait!
Susi and the gang

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I would like to know more info on this.... have you guys done it before? whats the limit? how the names gets picked.. ya know.. the info :)

susi794

Staff member
I would like to know more info on this.... have you guys done it before? whats the limit? how the names gets picked.. ya know.. the info :)

Yeah, we did it last year--and they might've done it the year before too. People that want to participate send their names and addresses to ilovemysphynx and she secretly sends us someone else's name and address. We purchase and send the gift to our person with the promises we won't open the package until Christmas--then we try to figure out who our Santa is and finally the name of our Secret Santa will be revealed on the Lair. It was great fun! Everybody posted pics of what they got from their Secret Santa's and we had a great time. We try to secretly check peoples' profile pages and past posts so we get an idea of what they might like....also if I remember right, there were some polls asking about favorite toys, etc....all so very clever on admin's part. I think we had a limit of $30 last year and most of us threw something in for the kitty's human as part of that amount. I had so much fun shopping and trying to figure out the right thing to buy and am even more excited this year!
I hope we do it again.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love this idea- count me in! I love Xmas kitty shopping-Admin will you let us know if you do it this year so we can send our names in?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
We will be doing the Secret Santa this year! Unfortunately I do not handle this part, Ilovemysphynx does this task! I'm sure she will give all details later this weekend!:ThumbsUp:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I wasn't here last Christmas but I'm really looking forward to participating this year.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I asked Ilovemysphynx a few weeks ago about it and she told me they were going to do it again.
I am in but make sure we do not get the same people as last year.
I think you should have more rules also because some people did not receive their gifts.

susi794

Staff member
That's right--but if I remember right, ilovemysphynx sent them packages herself. We all offered to chip in but she said no. Yeah, Jacky--I agree that nobody should not receive their gift--but how can we enforce that? I would hope that this year, if people aren't sure they can afford to do the gift exchange or if they don't care to participate, that they don't send in their names. I can't imagine that anyone would do such a thing on purpose.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Susi,
Heather did send gifts for the people that did not receive their gifts.
I hate to say this but some people do it on purpose just to get a gift.
It happened in another site I am in.
The mods banned them from entering the exchange again.

Gizzymom

Banned
Susi,
Heather did send gifts for the people that did not receive their gifts.
I hate to say this but some people do it on purpose just to get a gift.
It happened in another site I am in.
The mods banned them from entering the exchange again.

That is pathetic! I can't believe people would stoop to that for a $30 gift!!! :Angry:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I was an awful Santa last year. I didn't send my gift until right before Christmas so it didn't arrive until after Christmas. I also looked around for a good gift but I was clueless so I ended up getting a gift card to Petsmart. Gift cards are nice but they take the excitement out of receiving a gift. Butterball got some really cool toys and trinkets last year. It was fun opening them up.

Anyway, I don't think I ever learned my Santa from last year. Who was Butterball's Santa? I never said thank you.

susi794

Staff member
You weren't the only one...the person I bought for never said thanks either. At least you're saying it now.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

The person I bought for never said thanks either.
In fact I asked Heather to find out if she received the box.
Debbie sent great stuff for my cats last year and they still wear the clothes except for the shirt Wrinkles got.
It became to small as she grew.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Is it possible that those people never said Thank You because they didn't know who actually sent the gift? Maybe after Christmas everyone could "confess" to who they had so that everyone knows who to thank.

I would definitely be interested in this!! Few Questions- it would be from cat(s) to cat(s) right? not person to person? As in, we'd buy gifts for kitty (and maybe a gift for the human).. just so i'm understanding this all correctly.

El Gato- late or not, you lived up for your commitment! and i'm sure whoever recieved your gift card is thankful! Maybe if bought the kitty some food!! :)

susi794

Staff member
Kizzy--people did confess who bought for who...but maybe the people that didn't say thanks might've been out of town or something--anyway it was a lot of fun --at least I thought it was. Watching all the gift pics getting posted and people feeling happy and all the kitties enjoying all their Christmas prezzies! And yes, you get a name from ilovemysphynx and buy for that person's kitty and you can throw something in for the human too. I think Heather is going to post all the info this weekend, so I hope everybody that wants to participate sends in your info.
I know I'm going to!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
As Susi said people did know who the gifts came from.
In fact I put my real name and screen name on the card.
It is fun though.
We should post whaat we like and what our cats like so people have ideas in what to get.

Back