Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Seeking to rehome our beloved Sphynx on Long Island, NY

raisens family

Lairian
With a heavy heart we must rehome our beloved Sphynx cat Raisen. I live in Manhattan and am moving to Europe in July and will be traveling frequently in my first year there. My girlfriend lives in Suffolk County Long Island and not able to take in Raisen as her landlord forbids cats. We asked every close relative and friend to adopt Raisen but none were able to at this time in their lives.

Her full name is Raisen Étienne Honeysuckle. She is 18 months old (DOB: Oct 23rd 2021), happy, healthy and fully vaccinated.

As is common with the Sphynx breed, Raisen has an insatiable need for attention. She is an absolute cuddle bug. She loves to burrow under the covers with you at night when you are going to bed. Some might consider her a velcro cat.

Raisen must be placed in a multi-person or multi-cat home as she thrives in an environment with plenty of social interaction. Our vet said, "Raisen is one of the most friendly cats I've ever met."

We want this to be an "open rehoming" as keeping in touch and enjoying visits from time to time is something we look forward to. If you ever should need a cat-sitter, my girlfriend would be happy to watch her free of charge.

Not all cats are compatible with a particular home and life circumstances can change. If for any reason Raisen is not adjusting well or you at any time for any reason become unable to keep her, you would return her to us so that we may conduct the rehoming process. We promise no judgement.
No rehoming fee.
Videos of Raisen:

Attachments

• PXL_20210915_125837345~2.jpg
    PXL_20210915_125837345~2.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 477
  • PXL_20211003_110444602.jpg
    PXL_20211003_110444602.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 496
  • PXL_20211013_160932257.jpg
    PXL_20211013_160932257.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 496
  • PXL_20211203_182902561.jpg
    PXL_20211203_182902561.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 505
  • PXL_20211214_154703849.jpg
    PXL_20211214_154703849.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 491
  • PXL_20220110_204202188.jpg
    PXL_20220110_204202188.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 480
Last edited by a moderator:

Major Squirt

Lairian
I would be happy to take her if you are still looking. I have Skye. A 1 year old female. We are home 24/7 and Skye needs another cat and I have been looking. It can’t be a boy as she has a stage 3 heart murmur and is having problems getting spayed. We live in a cute 2 story cottage near the beach in a quiet neighborhood where all my neighbors talk to Skye through the window now. Our vet is 5 minutes away and also has a Sphynx! We go for walks in the yard on a leash and play all the time. She is a great attention hound also. She sleeps in the bed too. Please contact me if you would like to talk more!

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I would be happy to take her if you are still looking. I have Skye. A 1 year old female. We are home 24/7 and Skye needs another cat and I have been looking. It can’t be a boy as she has a stage 3 heart murmur and is having problems getting spayed. We live in a cute 2 story cottage near the beach in a quiet neighborhood where all my neighbors talk to Skye through the window now. Our vet is 5 minutes away and also has a Sphynx! We go for walks in the yard on a leash and play all the time. She is a great attention hound also. She sleeps in the bed too. Please contact me if you would like to talk more!
Awww I have my fingers crossed for you this sounds like a perfect home for Raisen. ❤️

MBaculy

Lairian
With a heavy heart we must rehome our beloved Sphynx cat Raisen. I live in Manhattan and am moving to Europe in July and will be traveling frequently in my first year there. My girlfriend lives in Suffolk County Long Island and not able to take in Raisen as her landlord forbids cats. We asked every close relative and friend to adopt Raisen but none were able to at this time in their lives.

Her full name is Raisen Étienne Honeysuckle. She is 18 months old (DOB: Oct 23rd 2021), happy, healthy and fully vaccinated.

As is common with the Sphynx breed, Raisen has an insatiable need for attention. She is an absolute cuddle bug. She loves to burrow under the covers with you at night when you are going to bed. Some might consider her a velcro cat.

Raisen must be placed in a multi-person or multi-cat home as she thrives in an environment with plenty of social interaction. Our vet said, "Raisen is one of the most friendly cats I've ever met."

We want this to be an "open rehoming" as keeping in touch and enjoying visits from time to time is something we look forward to. If you ever should need a cat-sitter, my girlfriend would be happy to watch her free of charge.

Not all cats are compatible with a particular home and life circumstances can change. If for any reason Raisen is not adjusting well or you at any time for any reason become unable to keep her, you would return her to us so that we may conduct the rehoming process. We promise no judgement.
No rehoming fee.
Videos of Raisen:

Hey!
I have been looking to adopt a syphnx for quite some time now. I have 3 kittens all around her age. I do have 2 dogs, has she been around dogs at all? Please feel free to reach out whether it’s by email or text I can private message you that info

Have a good day!
Melissa

Yoda mom

Staff member
@raisens family (((hugs))) for your heartfelt decision. several of us have adopted from members. I am still in contact with my adoptees 1st mum for nearly a decade.

surely members will PM to interview. hugs n positive vibe head smooches.
pls keep us updated.

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Big hugs to you for making this heartfelt decision for your little one. I would love to offer her a home with me however I don't know that it would be fair to my girl. I am sure there is somebody out there that would be the best home for her. Keep us posted.

Madsdidonato

Lairian

No rehoming fee.
Videos of Raisen:

Hello! I have a boy Sphynx born April 20th 2021. He is the most loving sweet cat and is really looking for a sibling! I have a lot of Sphynx knowledge and am currently doing a masters program from home, meaning lots of time to devote to him. I also have a fantastic vet I am happy to link as well as a product line I purchased devoted to hairless animals that I keep in constant stock. I know you have received some messages, but if you’re able please keep me in mind! I have a lot of expirience with the breed and devote a lot of my time to making sure my animal(s) are happy. I also volunteer at an animal shelter and am completely vegan (which speaks even further for my love of animals). If you are interested in this home for sweet raisin (her brothers name would be goose!) please pm me here or email me at [email protected]

nikkotay

Lairian
Hi! If you haven’t already, I would love to chat about adopting this baby! We are a family with kids to live here and another kitty to play with.

Jforest333

Lairian

No rehoming fee.
Videos of Raisen:

I have a 2 year old boy that would love the company of raisin , he has a raisin head as well:) I am in Townsend mass

Maraandme0401

Lairian
Hello! If you haven't found the right home for Raisin I would love to chat! I do live in Pennsylvania but have been looking to adopt a sphynx for quite sometime. I am willing to answer any questions! I hope to hear from you soon!

ClaireBear1031

Lairian

No rehoming fee.
Videos of Raisen:

Im located in Endwell NY, about 3 hours north of you. My partner and I currently have a 4 month old female sphynx kitten that is our whole world. We've been looking to grow our family with another hairless because were so in love with them. I personally am home all day and every evening we go for a walk around the neighborhood, every toy ever and love lots of snuggles. Our baby girl is so loving and we just feel she would continue to thrive with a sibling. Please reach out if you feel our family would be a good fit. We'd love to have her.

elliott

Lairian

No rehoming fee.
Videos of Raisen:

Hi are you still looking to rehome Raisen? I live in NYC and would love to give her a new home if you are still seeking. If so, please email me at [email protected]!

MarlisMomma

Lairian
Hello! Are you still looking to rehome your sweet baby? I have a one year old sphynx who would LOVE a sibling. Raisen would be absolutely spoiled to pieces and I would be more than happy to send you regular photos, videos, updates whenever you want plus unlimited visitation

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Cat whisperer , welcome to the lair family. my heartfelt condolences your sweet baby got angel wings 20 yrs old . oh my heart, no time is ever enough, could not have asked for a better mum. Remember the love, soo much love. all paws crossed the sphynx stars align. I adopted two in my Yoda's honor. stay active and positive. several of us have adopted from members.

MariaNm

Lairian

No rehoming fee.
Videos of Raisen:

Hey im in westchester and im interested

gnpdn

Lairian
PLEASE I want raisen so bad. My boyfriend and dog are allergic to cats to sphynx are the only type of cat we could ever get. We are in Upstate NY and happy to come get her or meet in the middle!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@gnpdn , hi, please keep in mind sphynx are not Hypoallergenic. we have members that have allergic reactions to nakids. it is not the fur that causes the allergic reaction. here is a great link for more details. Hugs n head smooches to your pup

Grouchy

Lairian
Looking to adopt new buddy in journey I recently lost my dog of 23 years willing to travel to get him. He will be an only cat and I don’t have no children. Please email me at [email protected] 248-818-6212 I can wait to meet him. He will be a made into certified animal support.

Attachments

• 5B6736FD-62ED-4DFB-8333-DBF6B48848C0.jpeg
    5B6736FD-62ED-4DFB-8333-DBF6B48848C0.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 389

rqlopez68

Lairian

No rehoming fee.
Videos of Raisen:

Back