Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Seizures

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So today my insurance claim came through, they are paying £2197 of Nancy treatment which leaves me with £2000 left to pay and a blood test tomorrow, i have no idea where i will find this money from!! Does anyone know if you can pay in instalments generally or does it have to be a one off payment? I'll ring the hospital tomorrow, and put her blood test on my credit card but it's just a bit of a worry, my house i was meant to be moving into also needs a new kitchen now from black mould and i have £80 to my name haha..cried multiple times so now just need to see what im working with and if there is any hope!!

Sheldon13

Staff member
So today my insurance claim came through, they are paying £2197 of Nancy treatment which leaves me with £2000 left to pay and a blood test tomorrow, i have no idea where i will find this money from!! Does anyone know if you can pay in instalments generally or does it have to be a one off payment? I'll ring the hospital tomorrow, and put her blood test on my credit card but it's just a bit of a worry, my house i was meant to be moving into also needs a new kitchen now from black mould and i have £80 to my name haha..cried multiple times so now just need to see what im working with and if there is any hope!!

Most vets are more than willing to take payments, you just have to set it up with them. I know what it’s like to be stressed about money. I’ve been in that boat my entire adult life.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Most vets are more than willing to take payments, you just have to set it up with them. I know what it’s like to be stressed about money. I’ve been in that boat my entire adult life.

Oh this is good to hear, i will call them i just wanted to know before so i could work something out, it's awful isnt it? i always think, gosh, £3000 would sort my life out completely and to some thats pocket change!! But we just have to be thankful for what we do have, and have faith in what is to be xx

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
How stressful especially on top of this crazy world right now. Lair Prayers are sent. The world is totally different than it was 4 weeks ago, I will remain hopeful that veterinary hospitals will work out payments with this in kind.

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
How stressful especially on top of this crazy world right now. Lair Prayers are sent. The world is totally different than it was 4 weeks ago, I will remain hopeful that veterinary hospitals will work out payments with this in kind.
Very!! i had to pay it all in full today, on top of £126 for a blood test which i cant even claim back as the vets will not send me her full medical history and this is what i need for my claim to be accepted.. :( just trying to stay positive..

Sheldon13

Staff member
Very!! i had to pay it all in full today, on top of £126 for a blood test which i cant even claim back as the vets will not send me her full medical history and this is what i need for my claim to be accepted.. :( just trying to stay positive..

I would really press them for it. What is their reason for not giving it to you? And why wouldn’t they give you a payment plan? It’s a very normal thing to do. If it was me I’d find another vet who will take payments in the future.

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I would really press them for it. What is their reason for not giving it to you? And why wouldn’t they give you a payment plan? It’s a very normal thing to do. If it was me I’d find another vet who will take payments in the future.

i've no idea!! they just said it wasn't possible, which i know isn't true as they've sent me in the past for my other cat..this was my usual vet, it was the animal hospital who i had to pay £2000 to, i wouldn't normally go its only for big tests, but the bloods were at my local vets today, but i've no idea why they wouldn't give them me, all i got was "i wish we could help but its not possible" i suppose they dont care about my debts as long as they've been paid!!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Was it the office person you were taking to? I would escalate the issue. Them refusing is not legal. They technically can charge you a fee for the records if they want, but either way they legally have to give them to you since it’s concerning your animal.

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Was it the office person you were taking to? I would escalate the issue. Them refusing is not legal. They technically can charge you a fee for the records if they want, but either way they legally have to give them to you since it’s concerning your animal.

Well i thought so...but i didn't like to argue to much as i worry i'll get bad karma, i'm so unlucky, but it's fine, i may try tomorrow see if its someone different, i know it's not much but it's a lot to me, and all my savings have gone, at least it wasn't the full £4000 though..

Back