Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

SarahLovee82

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Starla has always had a sensitive tummy. If she got herself into anything that was not her regular food she would get really runny poo. A few months ago she & Bentley got hold of a bag of super cheap cat food that I had in my pantry to feed the stray cat that lives in the shed behind my house... I mean, they ate the WHOLE bag. They even ate some of the freakin paper! That caused her to really had horrible poo & even a little blood & mucus in her poo & I had to take her the vet, she was on meds a few days & the blood/mucus issue went away but honestly her poop has never been solid solid again since then. Vet isn't really concerned but of course I am because that means there's poop all over my house from her stepping in it accidentally, etc. Well I decided to change food. I was previously using blue buffalo wilderness but after reading a few threads up here I decided to switch to a limited ingredient diet. I've been using Natural balance duck & pea for about a week now with GREAT results. We're not all the way switched, they're at about a 50/50 blend of old food & new food but things are definitely looking up. I no longer have to wipe her butt after every trip to the box although poop is still soft. I'm thinking that the total switch will do the trick but I still want to do it slowly to avoid further issues. Crazy that a food that she's eaten for over a year would all of a sudden have to be changed but hey the new food is cheaper than the old one. so less money & less runny poop???? WINNING!

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
That is a win win Sarah! Hope she continues to do well on the food! I know we do not see as much of you as we used to in here, but still get my fix of your babies on IG :)

Caloci

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm glad things are working out. I put Odin on the green pea and duck since I suspect other foods were making him itchy. Vito will begin transitioning tomorrow when I get home from out east.

My vet says it's a pretty good food. I'm glad it is working for miss Starla.

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Very glad to hear it's working for Starla and she is feeling better! Happy to hear an update!

Where are the pictures!?

Jen

SarahLovee82

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Very glad to hear it's working for Starla and she is feeling better! Happy to hear an update!

Where are the pictures!?

Jen

On Instagram LOL. Its so hard for me to be on the lair like I used to be. Ever since the page changed I can't get on from my phone so I only come on on my lunch break if I come to the back computers at work or if I happen to go on my laptop at home (rare)