Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Shakiness

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Does anyone have a Sphynx who gets shaky from time to time? I have noticed that Uber gets a case of the quivers, like he's shivering from being cold but my temperature feels fine and he rejects having a cover up put on him. So I don't think he is cold. I do know that Chihuahuas are likely to be shaky little things, but I hadn't heard anything about Sphynxes sharing the trait.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
My boys shake/shiver from time to time. And like Uber they refuses a blanket at those moments. They're healthy and never get a cold so I just let them. After a while it always stops.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
This happens to Min sometimes when she is outside and feeling fearful of her surroundings. That's our cue to bring her in.

On the other hand, some Sphynx can really withstand colder temperatures (Max is like that). He can shiver, but he doesn't care about being covered up.

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This is news to me, never seen it or heard about it. Following this...

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Can you share a video? We have had ours quiver when they are excited. With one girl we had we called it purr shakes because she shook rather than purred and we knew it was her version of purring.

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sorry @Catzzzmeow I don't think I can get a video. It is a very subtle shake, more felt than seen. I suppose I could try if it would make a big difference.

He is usually very happy and seems healthy so I'm not too worried. I was more curious if other Sphynxes did it too.

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I never realized cats get scratched so often! I mean, it makes sense for mine because they all have claws (Aurora only has her back ones, previous owners did the declaw on front) but with fur on most cats, one doesn't realize how crazy they can get!

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I never realized cats get scratched so often! I mean, it makes sense for mine because they all have claws (Aurora only has her back ones, previous owners did the declaw on front) but with fur on most cats, one doesn't realize how crazy they can get!

My previous babies scratched themselves sometimes and left marks on the skin. I used coconut oil on pads and wiped these off for a couple of days and then it was healed! Since they are like little monkies they do tend to get in all kinds of trouble..

Back