Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Tale Grude

Lairian
Hi!

It's been a while since I posted anything on here, but I'm back with yet another question!

Yesterday Kisa was at the vet to get spayed. And now she will be wearing a protective thin body to keep her from licking at her incision. She isn't really used to wearing clothing cause I only put clothing on her when she needs to wear it (going outside and stuff like that). But after coming home she has been shaking her paws a lot. And obviously she does that after getting out of the litter box to shake of litter that has gotten under her paws and all that jazz. But she does this randomly around the house too now. And supposedly cats do that when they are displeased with something. She does wear SoftPaws, but she has never really been bothered by them. Only a little bit right after getting them on. I have never experienced her shaking her paws like this before. So I'm guessing that the shaking has nothing to do with her SoftPaws or her paws at all. Could it be becaue she doesn't like wearing the body or maybe she is feeling some discomfort after surgery? Both would make sense since it's all new to her and having some discomfort after surgery would be normal. Other than that she seem happy though. It's not like she is completely miserable, he he.

Kisa is my first cat so I'm still learing about their body language. I think it's very interesting. And also very important. So that if there is anything that is very wrong at some point in her life I will notice quicklier.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Happy to hear surgery went well :) not sure about the shaking the paws thing. Does it seem excessive? Did you check between the pads in case something is stuck?

Happy healing :)

Patti

Madison

Lairian
Hi! Glad the surgery went well! :) I had this issue with one of my cats a few years back (she is not a sphynx though) and the vet thought at first that it was just an issue with leftover anesthesia leaving her legs with that "asleep" feeling, but it happened for a few more days so we brought her back..turned out the shaking was due to her legs falling asleep, but it was because the body wrap was just a bit too tight! They ended up taking it off and just wrapping her lightly with ace bandage and she was totally fine. She also was never a fan of clothes either, so she was much happier with the bandage as opposed to this full body veil thing, haha. Keep us updated!!

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Is it time that the soft paws should be coming off? Just thought
maybe the nail has grown out and it's aggregating her. Glad her spay went
Good. I would try to loosen up on the wrap that's around her. It might be to tight?
But, if she keeps on, I, would take her to the Vet.

Back