Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Shaking when leaving?

Flokirebenbeck

Lairian
We take Floki out of the house not too often but often enough and never had an issue. Usually for vet visits, groomers or to grandparents house. Never anywhere too extreme but lately when I try to take him anywhere we have him wrapped in his blanket instead of his carrier cause he isn’t a fan of it (we’ve been using a blanket for forever) and he starts shaking like a leaf! I feel so bad and I usually cancel whatever it was and we don’t leave the house. Once he’s out and realize we aren’t leaving it’s like nothing happened. Any advice?

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Poor Floki. I’ve had a kitty like that. They got nervous whenever I took them anywhere. Unfortunately, outings were things like vet visits, pet sitting, etc. With her I limited the outings, but Luna is comfortable in the car because sometimes we just go out for a drive. Good luck.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Flokirebenbeck I had a Bengal kitty like that . He actually would pee in fright :(
Mind you I had to plan on a 3600 mile move with him .

I actually ended up using a plastic carrier towel inside with and catnip banana(supposedly can be calmimg ) I was up to try anything to prep for this move .
I did not want to give him medication .
I covered the crate carrier with a towel on three sides to make a comfy cave .
Seat belted it in the front seat .

I sat in the car (engine off ) in the driveway with him in his crate and towel over it on three sides .
I did this a few times a day .
Then did it with the engine on for a minute .
Built up to rides around the block .

The true test was the 3600 mile move !
Unbelievable he turned out to be the most inquisitive confident great traveller!

Keep us updated!

Btw when I adopted two Sphynx I was told they were not good travelers .
When I picked them up I crate them, covered with a towel and the yellow cat nip banana
Like before . Viola! 7 hour road trip amd no sickness or screaming !

Head smooches to Floki!
Keep us updated ! Positive vibes your way!

Back