Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

shaky paws...

Morticia

Lairian
You know when you dress your Sphynx and they are unconfortable and start shaking their paws?
Now Morticia started doing this recently and she's not even dressed!
It's not just one paws, it's all of them. She starts walking to have something to eat and randomly shakes one front paw, or is playing and shakes her rear paw ?!?!
This only happens 1 or 2 seconds tho...

any idea why this is happening??

Any of your sphynx is having the same behavious??

Gizzymom

Banned
You know when you dress your Sphynx and they are unconfortable and start shaking their paws?
Now Morticia started doing this recently and she's not even dressed!
It's not just one paws, it's all of them. She starts walking to have something to eat and randomly shakes one front paw, or is playing and shakes her rear paw ?!?!
This only happens 1 or 2 seconds tho...

any idea why this is happening??

Any of your sphynx is having the same behavious??

Gizzy does it all the time. He started with just one paw years ago... but now it's random... I think it's funny, but not sure why he does it..:LOL:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's certain textures their feet touch makes them do this. Sort of like when they step on a piece of tape.

BlueGirl

Lairian
Yeah loki does that too, I just assumed it was a itch of the carpet tickeling his feet or something:LOL::LOL:

JacksMom

Banned
Hmmm...do you think maybe their feet fall asleep and tingle when they get up?

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am sure they have sensitive paws. All my cats have done this. I think they feel a little bit of dirt or maybe a tiny rock on the floor (like litter) and they want to shake it off.

emmysmom10

Lairian
My Emmy Lou does it too, and we have carpet wood and tile in the house...I never really questioned it, I just laugh and figure its another one of her quarky blessings:)

NakedNinja

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thank you for posting this!! My vet is unfamiliar with Sphynx, but is learning quickly with Gabe in her care. When I asked her about this, she was concerned that he might still have yeasty toes. But, I've been diligent with cleaning, trimming, and used the antifungal prescribed. Yet he still does his little dance every so often.

I'll let her know your guys do it too, and it's just another "Sphynx thing."

Gizzymom

Banned
Thank you for posting this!! My vet is unfamiliar with Sphynx, but is learning quickly with Gabe in her care. When I asked her about this, she was concerned that he might still have yeasty toes. But, I've been diligent with cleaning, trimming, and used the antifungal prescribed. Yet he still does his little dance every so often.

I'll let her know your guys do it too, and it's just another "Sphynx thing."

Yea... they are definitely weirdos!! And I love that!!:Adore:

kaoticharmony

Banned
Neon does it with his back feet... Sometimes he'll kick me in the head...lol

I worried at first because I have a diabetic Sphynx and his legs get numb. I talked to the vet and checked Neon...he's fine. It's just a Sphynx thing