Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Share the box

Beckinboots

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It's a losing battle with mine to, however I have read that tin foil spread on the worktop deters them as they don't like the sound of it crinkling under paws. Unfortunately, my Siamese has a tin foil obsession so it doesn't work for me.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@dbzmastergal welcome back! hugs n head smooches ! adorables!

some have tried scat mats or computer keyboard type canned air ( not at them directly of course)
@Catzzzmeow any hints lol

I try my best to redirect to a chair to sit and wait for a treat... often end up training these smart nakids like a dog!

dbzmastergal

Lairian
@dbzmastergal welcome back! hugs n head smooches ! adorables!

some have tried scat mats or computer keyboard type canned air ( not at them directly of course)
@Catzzzmeow any hints lol

I try my best to redirect to a chair to sit and wait for a treat... often end up training these smart nakids like a dog!
That sounds good, how long do you wait to treat? Im worried he will start jumping up because he knows he will get a treat.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Try only treating when the floor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
if you are using a "place" to train to away and off the counter , like a chair or a spot on the floor,
I give an "ahhh" when they look at the counter and then call them to the "place" and hold a treat in my hand to direct to the "place"

as soon as they are where I want them , I give verbal praise and immediately give the treat at the "place"

they learn quick! I also use the same technique to keep them from bolting out open doors. In one room I have a smart cat climber they have learned to wait on for a treat too!

keep us updated!
they are very easy to train with positive reinforcement training like with a dog
as you can see from my avatar pic... lol Yoda girls place was the dog bed :)