Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Share Your Poop Tales!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm pretty sure I started a thread like this a year or more ago but I feel it's time do so again given all the new members.

So... share your funniest, most tragic, weirdest "poop tales".

We know with Sphynx that poop happens from simple chocolate starfishes to amazing works of art on the walls.

Share now, share often. Post pics of the culprits.

My story:

Max is a very fastidious pooper. He goes, he covers, he leaves (although sometimes he does the post poop yowl and dash). His poops are almost always picture perfect. However, he sometimes licks things that upset his tummy and he has a not so good poop. So one day...

Hubby (he and I work from home in separate offices) was on the phone with a client, remoted into their computer, chatting with them while he worked on their computer. Max, as he does several times a day, jumps up on Hubby's desk and stands over the little cat bed Hubby has on his desk in front of his monitor.

Hubby chats with client and gives Max some scritches... from his head downward, slowly... to his tail... and then... his hand is suddenly sticky... and smelly. Hubby is trying to wrap up the support call and while he wants to excuse himself, he can't. So he sat there, with kitty poop hand while he finished moving the mouse and clicking around the client's computer while talking to them. Max didn't seem to care. Hubby was dying.

And I died laughing at this recounting of this tale when I came home.

Here's Max, my sweet Mr. Handsome... with a sensitive digestive tract.

11950552_1021936324524745_1045369754_n.jpg

13652006_1768510846706249_487696650_n.jpg

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Lol great story! We have the howl/yowl and dash here most days, too.

I actually didn’t have any funny poop stories until just recently. Simple loose stools or dirty bums is not that interesting. However, recently Ellie had been a little bit constipated and went to the bathroom later in the day than usual. I was in bed playing with my phone and when she came in and jumped up to be with me I realized I could smell the poop on her. I thought it was just wafting from the litter box so I went to clean the mess up as per usual. But when I came back, the smell never dissipated, so I checked her. She had this perfectly nice little grape-sized piece of poop hanging from her butt, attached by one of my hairs that she had apparently swallowed at some point. It was just dangling there. Of course, like any good mom I grabbed that sucker with my bare fingers and tossed it in the toilet. Then she got a booty bath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Xandria Poor hubby! Ps. your boy is sooo handsome!

Kenzo hasn't had any eventful litter box episodes yet, and I'm not complaining! Lol. Thankfully, he has only had nice, solid poos since we've had him! He does have weird poo-time quirks though! He always announces to the whole house whenever he needs to go, loud and proud! Then, he climbs in his box, turns around, and props his paws up on the outer rim, so that he is standing on his hind legs, and does his business while staring deep into any passerby's eyes. :ROFLMAO: He's always a gentlemen, and makes sure to throughly cover his box deposits. Such a quirky guy. I love him!

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Back in Bavaria, I woke up at 2 am to an ungodly smell, a few days after the girls arrived.
Jez was sitting on the duvet, her entire butt covered in poop, meowing.
I jumped out of bed, grabbed her, and ran to the bathroom for a butt bath... and could NOT believe the state of the bathroom.
There was poop everywhere.
On the floor, in the litter box, all over the WALL.
Jez had been eating the food I'd been told she'd had at the foster place -- and it did not agree with her at all. (Animonda Carni)
So I ended up giving a butt bath and scrubbing the entire bathroom, top to bottom, at 2 am in the morning.
...the rest of that food went to the very grateful stable cats.
The unfortunate culprit, in bed about an hour ago, going "WTF you getting up for, I was snuggled up and warm."
It's an enormous bed -- but Jez has to sleep in the middle of your side, if possible, or somewhere you're guaranteed to be turned into a pretzel...
20190111_063540.jpg

IMG_7219_sm.jpg

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Love all the poop tales!! I don't recall having too many poop issues in our household "yet" thankfully. I feel like the only interesting one would be back when little Finn had Giardia. I was already sleeping (thank god) when my hubby was in the living room playing some late night video games. He said all of a sudden Finn jumped up on him meowing, and then the smell hit him. Poor little Finny was COVERED in diarrhea. All over his paws, tail, bum. Upon further inspection, there was little poop prints all from the cat room into the living room, on hubby, and smeared into our faux fur white rug :ROFLMAO: I remembered vaguely the next morning hearing the tub run late when I was in bed, which was of course Ryan giving Finn a bum bath. So happy I was already in bed for that one...

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Ooooh poop tales! I love poop tales. Well to hear them, I don't want poop tales to tell myself:).

Last week I'm half sleeping when I noticed Jade jumped on my bed. I felt happy cause she nevers comes in bed at night. She came close and yikes what a nasty smell. She jumped on my and painted my face with her pooptail!

Yuck!

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
When I adopted Elfie she was not in the greatest of health as some of you might recall. The several months long fight to find out what was wrong with her poor kitty tummy resulted in daily poop tails.

I had 1 small sphynx and 6 large litter boxes ......

She was be sitting in your lap .. toot .. and you hold your breath while waiting to see if you'd just been pooped on!!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Loving the stories, everyone. I know there are more! ha ha. It's so nice to know we're not alone in our poop tales.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Azura as a kitten was crazy ...ok she still is crazy, but she liked to jump from the windowsill onto the top of the door...yeah I mean the skinny top of the door....well she had poop tail and painted the ceiling like Michelangelo lol. My little artist.

Sheofthrone3

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I haven't puked from being grossed out in a very long time. I mean like explosion diapers and my baby brother is now 10. So a long time. Well Opal pooped then stepped in it as she was covering it. The litter pellets get stuck in between her toes so she kicks her feet all crazy to shake them out. So she kicked poop pellets everywhere. Had poop on her foot. I had to hold her in one hand while gagging from the smell and the fact that poop pellets we're everywhere. I had a McDonald's bag in my other hand puking. I finally stop puking and get her foot cleaned off which wasn't easy and didn't make her happy. I got the poop pellets cleaned up. And now I gag when she poops. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think I’ve been very lucky! Rosie was four last week and about three weeks ago had her first poop tail ever. The new kitten Lily had been on a cheaper raw mince from Aldi which Rosie took to rather nicely :X3: Unfortubately it gave her some runny poops and thus, poop tail arose! She happily shared this with me by jumping on my lap and purring, raising her little pink butt for loving, sigh. Poop tail can not be experienced alone, they have to share! Thankfully she hadn’t got to painting anything!

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi @Xandria ! I’m so glad you revived this topic. It is great to read all the funny and horrifying stories!

Hi everyone. For those of you who don’t know me I have one 5 year old Sphynx named Frida. When Frida was a kitten we had our fair share of poopy footprints down the hallway and butt stamped pillows while I was figuring out her diet, but it had been literally years since she had an issue until I moved in with my new partner a couple months ago. In the city where I live we must separate all our food scraps from garbage and recycling. This is important to the story so bear with me. When I was on my own I just put everything in a paper bag in the freezer and took it out about once a week. Because my partner has a family the freezer space is somewhat more precious than before so now we keep a bin on the counter and take it out every day or so.
Frida is a green bin fanatic. She wants in there soooo bad. The bin locks so she mostly doesn’t have access, but once in a while we forget, or turn our backs just for a second, and she is in there devouring whatever she can find. Well who knows what she got but we had one such incident at Christmas time. We had a house full of guests. My parents, my partner’s parents, his sister and her husband, his kids. I didn’t even remember her getting into the bin, but I knew she had eaten something bad the moment she came running into the room. Her tail was raised high, a veritable poop flag flying for all to see, her left foot booted and marking her path. As she jumped, aiming for my for the person in the room who least likes cats I managed to snatch her out of the air before she made her landing and whisk her out of the room before anyone even noticed. There wasn’t even a break in the conversation.
So Frida’s evil plot was thwarted and I saved Christmas.

Here is my little rascal begging for second breakfast.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@naomi -- aww, Frida is just a little trash panda inside! giggles. Look how innocent she looks!

Congrats on saving dinner. That sounded harrowing!

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@naomi -- aww, Frida is just a little trash panda inside! giggles. Look how innocent she looks!

Congrats on saving dinner. That sounded harrowing!
Haha, yes she is a trash panda!
It was an ordeal. I fully admit to scuffling away the poop prints with my sock and discreetly washing her and my feet in the kitchen sink.