Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

She needs pants....

smarzean82

Lairian
This is Little Bit (Little Bitty Monster), Mogwai's furred sister. Here in all her glory. She does this so much, just walks into the room and flop belly up arms out. So weird.

Anyway, you can see her belly is bare. She grooms herself a lot. Vet said maybe it's a skin allergy, so switched to Dreft baby laundry soap (expensive as ever). Didn't change. Vet said maybe food. I tried every Limited ingredient, no chicken, as close to raw food as she would eat. No difference.

Next step is meds. Bith allergy and mood meds. But I wanted to ask if anyone else had a cat who did this after spaying? LB is 4 and was spayed at 6m.

Thanks
36e2b8536a18a81ff59dee57a042691e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Sheldon13

Staff member
Her skin looks healthy to me. That leads me to believe it’s more likely auto-barbering. This can often come about due to a simple case of OCD. As long as she is happy and there is no physical damage it is nothing to worry about. You can always ask your vet if you can try an SSRI for her if it bothers you.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Ande

Lairian
Might be anxiety. (I have a kitty with anxiety. ) different things can help (could be from any number of things. if you have other cats, you might add different litter box locations, and also allow a safe space for this one, where others can't bug it, like a room it can be closed into when you're not home, etc.), feliway, or meds. we have tried clomicalm (sorry I never know if I spell that right, might be calmiclom), (which was ok, but my kitty is pretty severe) now she's on a generic form of prozac. There's also calming treats. I do also use CBD oil with my anxious one.