Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

She's at the vet.......

JenFl

Lairian
Well I picked the little girl up this morning and she is now at the vet they will be keeping her most the day to run test in check her over and all that. I'll pick her up this afternoon hopefully.
She appears to have a upper respiratory infection.
Well the vet just called and saif she appeared to have an ulcer on one eye, but she doesn't, she is going to give her a shot of antibiotics and ear and eyedrops. And do a combo test for FIV and AIDS. She said she doesn't think she has a URI, that when she swabbed the ears she started sneezing and her eyes were running. So she thinks the ears are causing the eyes to run. She also has no running from her nose. I will
Pick her Up around 1:30 this afternoon. Say a prayer for this old girl. And I will post again when she is home.
Here's a shot I took at the vets before I left
Her
image.jpeg

Yoda mom

Staff member
@JenFl , all paws crossed for Stella! I know she will feel better with all your love and care !
Keep us posted !
She is sooo pretty!

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
She is a pretty lady. She looks like she doesn't feel the best and you are wonderful for getting her right to the vets for a complete look over. Wishing you all the best. Will be looking forward to your update

Toa and Ross

Staff member
So very happy she is in your hands now! She looks like she feels miserable right now but I'm sure she will feel better in no time thanks to your care and love. She is beautiful!

JenFl

Lairian
UPDATE::::: We are Home from the vets with Eye medicine and ear medicine and NO upper respiratory infection YEA!
The FELV/FIV were Neg/Neg!!!!
Fecal no parasites
No microchip
Nothing contagious......

The vet did give her a antibiotic shot in case she had some conjunctivitis with her eye and ear stuff, she also said that if she is getting a UTI this will help. I will keep watch for sings of this.

She also has really bad teeth her canines are kinda blackish. Vet did suggest can food, I think I will give her some time to adjust before I start wet food.
I don't think she's fond of wearing clothes I did try to put a sweater on her and she snuffed* at me a little bit. When it was on she kind of hunched down to walk so I took it off of her and she walked away fine.
The lady did send her litter box and I'm at this time using it, I do have another one, and I wonder if I should use a new one instead of her old one but then the one that she has is like a tote style one and I thought maybe it would keep the litter off my daughters floor a little bit better.

She is so very sweet, she has been warming my daughters lap for the last hour!
Now to get the Hubby aboard..............

*(kind of reminded me of a bull, like as if she was blowing snot out of her nose at me)
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She looks like a sweetheart! So cute the way she is cuddling your daughter. Glad to hear all the tests went well and that she is on the road to a happy and healthy existence.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
UPDATE::::: We are Home from the vets with Eye medicine and ear medicine and NO upper respiratory infection YEA!
The FELV/FIV were Neg/Neg!!!!
Fecal no parasites
No microchip
Nothing contagious......

The vet did give her a antibiotic shot in case she had some conjunctivitis with her eye and ear stuff, she also said that if she is getting a UTI this will help. I will keep watch for sings of this.

She also has really bad teeth her canines are kinda blackish. Vet did suggest can food, I think I will give her some time to adjust before I start wet food.
I don't think she's fond of wearing clothes I did try to put a sweater on her and she snuffed* at me a little bit. When it was on she kind of hunched down to walk so I took it off of her and she walked away fine.
The lady did send her litter box and I'm at this time using it, I do have another one, and I wonder if I should use a new one instead of her old one but then the one that she has is like a tote style one and I thought maybe it would keep the litter off my daughters floor a little bit better.

She is so very sweet, she has been warming my daughters lap for the last hour!
Now to get the Hubby aboard..............

*(kind of reminded me of a bull, like as if she was blowing snot out of her nose at me)
View attachment 64439
View attachment 64440
View attachment 64442

That last pic is so precious! What a bundle of love she is.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Awww so happy for her and your family. Your life has officially changed forever. As far as the litter box goes, I personally would keep her old one. The less changes the better at this point.

Patti

Yoda mom

Staff member
Happy Dance for the good news vet visit!
I would keep her litter box too-
I ordered oratene maintenance toothpaste my vet said was ok to use -
you could ask your vet about too- just rub on gums-
Oratene Veterinarian Maintenance Oral Gel for Dogs & Cats, 2.5-oz tube
Sold various places on line

They make an antiseptic one too

Looking forward to your journey with us! She is Purrfect! What a doll!

Did you keep the name Stella :) ?

JenFl

Lairian
Thanks everyone! She is adorable and soooooo sweet! I really pray my hubby finds it in his heart to let her stay, but right now it is a "no find her a home" :-(.

Yes, we kept the name Stella, my oldest daughter added Luna to it, bc she said she reminds her of the moon. So it is Stella Luna.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Thanks everyone! She is adorable and soooooo sweet! I really pray my hubby finds it in his heart to let her stay, but right now it is a "no find her a home" :-(.

Yes, we kept the name Stella, my oldest daughter added Luna to it, bc she said she reminds her of the moon. So it is Stella Luna.

Stella Luna...what a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. And after years without a name she deserves a double name:)

Trisha

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm sure after spending some time with her, your husband will fall in love!
So glad Stella Luna is in pretty decent health :)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Just drag your feet. It is the holiday season, and she needs to get well and when hubby sees the loving your baby is getting from your daughter, he will have to think twice.

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have been waiting for this update since your first post!
I am thrilled that everything came back the way it did!! '
Stella Luna is simply beautiful and it looks like your daughters are determined to give her all the love she deserves.

I couldn't be more happy for the lot of you!!

susi794

Staff member
What a nice Christmas story! I love the name Stella Luna! And as soon as she's feeling. 100% she'll turn on the charm and steal hubby's heart away!
Happy for you all,
Susi

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Such great news about her health. Beauty. She will steal his heart.
Just put off, getting her another how as long as possible.
He will have come around by then. Sweet pics. Glad you have her.
She is so deserving of a forever home, with all the love and spoiling
She can get.

deanna

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am so glad the vet visit ended with a positive! My husband isn't a cat person at all but in love with the sphynx breed! I know he will come around once he gets to cuddle with her.

JenFl

Lairian
I'm so glad you are all so positive, I hope he does give in and just let her stay. As far as him get "won over"....he isn't easy at all! He hasn't even laid eyes on her yet. With her being quarantined in my daughters room right now it's more an out of sight out of mind until its brought up by one of the kids....and then it's no she isn't staying!
Ugh I am dragging my feet as long as possible. She will at least be staying until the 4th, because she will get her shots then (waiting until she is done with her meds). His hope is she has a home by then. :-(

Back