Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Should I be worried?

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok So I was cleaning the bathroom cabinet and I didn't even see that Mickey was next to me so all of a sudden a nail polish came flying down and hit him right on the eye,He jumped and was scratching on his eye. He looks ok now his eye is open but I'm still worried..what if there is something broken in there?

Today has been a really bad day. My husband went to Tallahassee to pick up Linguini which is 6 hrs from here with a rented car under his dads name..So he is almost there and a police officer stops him because he forgot to put the signal and omg he checks that the car is not under his name and TOWED IT! The police officer left him in the middle of nowhere. Now he is trying to find a train station or something to come back home....I feel so sad for him.

Has been a hard day:ThumbsDown:

Bella07

Banned
I'm sorry that you're having a bad day. But, just think. In a few more hours, you'll have your beautiful, gorgeous Linguini home in your arms! Your day will turn around just like that. Plus, I'm sure Mickey is fine. My cats have done much worse before, and never seem to bat an eye about it a few hours later. Good Luck! And be sure to share with us pictures and stories of Linguini when he's finally home!

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm sorry that you're having a bad day. But, just think. In a few more hours, you'll have your beautiful, gorgeous Linguini home in your arms! Your day will turn around just like that. Plus, I'm sure Mickey is fine. My cats have done much worse before, and never seem to bat an eye about it a few hours later. Good Luck! And be sure to share with us pictures and stories of Linguini when he's finally home!

I don't know if Linguini will be coming home today:Sad:My husband is 45 minutes away from the breeders house but he doesn't have a car. Maybe he will be taking the train back home.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like the eye is ok.
I don't understand the car being towed I mean as far as I know there is no law that says you can not drive a car in someone elses name? My car is in hubbys name and his car in his company name.

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It sounds like the eye is ok.
I don't understand the car being towed I mean as far as I know there is no law that says you can not drive a car in someone elses name? My car is in hubbys name and his car in his company name.

I know isn't that weird? Maybe he had an accident or something and doesn't want me to get all upset....

Bella07

Banned
Since it's 45 minutes away, can't the breeder come and pick up your husband, or at least bring Linguini along? That way, he can at least come home with your new kitten, even if it's on the train! Hope everything ends up working out for you all!

susi794

Staff member
OMG--that's rotten news. Hope all is well and something worse didn't happen that he was just worried to tell you. Praying that ass is well.
Susi and the gang

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok I am extremely worried my husband is not yet home and his phone's battery is dead. He is still walking,I am so worried. I called the police department and they can not find his name on any records. Before his battery died he said that he walked 7 miles already..

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Oh goodness. Hopefully he will call you from another source soon. What a crappy day! I'm so sorry.
When you rent a car they make it very clear that the person it is rented to is the only person who can drive it. Atleast thats how it works in Ohio...i'm so sorry...I hope it all works out and your hubby and kitty get home soon.

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thank you everyone! The police found him and gave him a ride to the Bus station. So will be coming back home tonight or in the morning. Poor Hubby....

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
oh my goodness!! what a terrible day for you :( (or rather for your husband).... you'd think the cop would have looked into things a bit more before being so cruel.
Hopefully when the new kitty gets home things will be better.
I would keep an eye on the kitty who was hit by the nail polish... not sure i'd take him in right away though. maybe if hes blinking a lot, watery.. things like that

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Your poor hubby! And you must be so disappointed too, I know how much you were planning on getting Linguini today. I hope things work out ok.

I don't think I'd worry about the eye unless it's tearing or squinting. Would go to the vet asap if that happens though.

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hubby got home yesterday afternoon, thanks god safe and sound!!...He walked miles looking for a bus or something with linguini's carrier and litterbox on his hand! (poor thing! hehe)...He just found a bus and they don't let animals inside so he couldn't bring Linguini with him. :(......

BUT Linguini will be coming next week!:ThumbsUp::BigSmile: I CAN'T WAIT TO FINALLY MEET HIM!!!:ThumbsUp::BigSmile:

Bella07

Banned
Hubby got home yesterday afternoon, thanks god safe and sound!!...He walked miles looking for a bus or something with linguini's carrier and litterbox on his hand! (poor thing! hehe)...He just found a bus and they don't let animals inside so he couldn't bring Linguini with him. :(......

BUT Linguini will be coming next week!:ThumbsUp::BigSmile: I CAN'T WAIT TO FINALLY MEET HIM!!!:ThumbsUp::BigSmile:

I'm glad to hear that your husband is safe and sound! I'm sorry that Linguini still isn't home, but, things happen for a reason. Let the new count down begin! Kudos to your husband too!

Back