Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Should i worry again ???????

Sphynx Lover

Lairian
Hi everyone,after loosing my beloved Aladin to heart failure,i was extremely sad and depressed,a dear friend of mine convinced me to find another baby,after a good search i found my little Azzarro who was born january first,he is doing great,but now i'm very worried and sad again,last week was his 7 month check up at my vet and she found he has a grade 1 murmur and wants to see him again in 4 months to see if it's getting worse,i spoke to my breeder and he tells me that there is nothing to worry about,what should i do,best regards Daniel. DSC06515.jpg

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm sorry to hear that you lost Aladin, I remember seeing a picture of him just the other day and he was a beautiful kitty. You have my sincere sympathy.

I think at this point in time the best thing to do would be to monitor Azzaro. Wait until he's a year old and then consider finding him a cardiologist and having him scanned. (I would have that done even if the vet said the murmur was gone, but I'm paranoid about hearts). It's also possible that the murmur will resolve itself as he gets closer to a year old.

It's something to worry about - I know I'd be worried. But at his age I'd also do my best to not work myself into a frenzy over it since many kitten murmurs do spontaneously resolve themselves.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sorry about the sphynx you lost.
Is this sphynx from another breeder?
Sometimes they will have heart murmurs and out grow them.
I have a 10 year old non sphynx that had a grade 2 heart murmur at 3 months of age.
Her murmur is 2/3 no and she is fine.
I hope that gives you some hope.

susi794

Staff member
I would be concerned, but not worried too much at this point--murmurs often go away or can be simply stress induced, or can sometimes even be not there at all--supposedly heard by one vet yet not by another. I would do as the vet suggests, but I would definitely make an appointment with a cardiologist when he gets to be one year old and have him scanned for HCM. Until then, I wouldn't worry unless he has symptoms of heart disease.
Glad you found another to love,
Susi and the gang

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I'm sorry to hear about Alladin.

Be concerned but don't worry yourself into sickness. Have him rechecked in 4 months and have him scanned at a year old regardless of the results in 4 mths. Just to be on the safe side. I'm sure it will resolve itself.

Also, nothing says you can't get a second opinion on this existing murmur. As Susie said, it may not be there at all.

Just my opinion.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm sorry to hear about Aladin. I know your heart can't help but sink upon hearing of Azzarr's murmur. I agree with the others. The murmur is cause for mild concern but don't worry yourself sick. Follow your vet's advice and get him rechecked in 4 months and scanned at a year. I hope all goes well for you both.

Back