Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Shoulder lump...

souplouie

Lairian
I thought with Noodle being our second sphynx I wouldn't be all over this place in need of advice, but I'm already on my 3rd thread. Soup didn't give us many issues at all, but sweet Noodle is throwing us curve balls. His sensitive skin bumpies are clearing up with our consistency, however we now have another skin issue that I wanted to post about seperately so its easy to search if anyone has this issue in the future. I looked through a few threads about lumps and his is similar to some that I saw, but bigger and different shape/location.

Due to scheduling conflicts, my boyfriend and I have no spent a whole lot of time with the cats together. I was with him for the first few days and he worked and he was with them this weekend. He noticed this lump yesterday and assumed it has always been there. When he mentioned it I assumed he had just found his microchip until I came home today and saw this. I didn't notice anything there on Thursday. I'm calling the vet tomorrow but am a little nervous since it got so big all of a sudden. He is perfectly normal otherwise. Energetic, great appetite, no URI symptoms.

Attachments

• IMG_4491.jpg
    IMG_4491.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 51

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Did he recently get a vaccination? I'm thinking if he did it could be a reaction to that as they usually administer them in the shoulder area.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@souplouie agree with any recent vaccinations? that could cause lumps

some also get follicular cysts, sebaceous cysts..
glad you are following up with your vet...

positive vibes, following closely for updates

hugs n head smooches ..

souplouie

Lairian
I've only had him for a week, and he didn't have any vaccines his first vet appointment with me and the records from the breeder show no vaccine's since 7/30. I feel like I would have noticed it when he first came home since I've been trying to find his microchip so I've been poking around his shoulder blades.

Naturally after I worked 4 12 hours shifts in a row I slept in later than when the vet opened and my phone was completely dead, so I'm impatiently waiting for it to charge up enough to make this phone call.

souplouie

Lairian
Vet said its possibly still a vaccine reaction since they can happen up to 3 weeks post shot and we're within that range. He said its presentation is very consistent with that so he gave him an oral steroid and said to follow up if it doesn't go away by the end of the month. So fingers crossed that's all it was!

Now I'm just anxiously waiting for him to pee since the vet commented on how full his bladder felt when we were there and its still a little distended a few hours after we've gotten home. This little boy has me so nervous lol.

Hoping to post again in a few weeks about this little lump being all gone.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Vet said its possibly still a vaccine reaction since they can happen up to 3 weeks post shot and we're within that range. He said its presentation is very consistent with that so he gave him an oral steroid and said to follow up if it doesn't go away by the end of the month. So fingers crossed that's all it was!

Now I'm just anxiously waiting for him to pee since the vet commented on how full his bladder felt when we were there and its still a little distended a few hours after we've gotten home. This little boy has me so nervous lol.

Hoping to post again in a few weeks about this little lump being all gone.

Aww lol. New babies always make their mommies and daddies nervous. That’s normal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back